"Pulsing" Stability

Euthymias.7984

Pretty general question: Sometime back, the devs decided to remove the ability for certain skills and traits (example: Strength of the Pack, Eternal Champion) to grant their users with X seconds of pulsing stability. This makes them more vulnerable to being stripped/corrupted to lower their overall uptime of protection from hard CCs. My question is why was this overlooked for the Transform skills (Rampage/Tornado)? Shouldn't they also be brought inline with the change to the other skills that once granted pulsing Stability?

It's not even like 10 stacks of stability are vulnerable to anything except RNG boon rips (RNG because of the fact that everyone is constantly bathing in passive boon generation, that it might not be possible to reach down the stack of "first in last out" quickly enough to catch somebody's stab in time with a strip skill). Stability was never, ever really nerfed. They could have just kept it the way it was with the duration-based, no-stack model and it would probably play out the same.

As much as I hate pulsing boons, I don't mind them on transform skill really. Since they override all utility/professional skills for good 15-20s, opening them up to CC without ways to stun break/cleanse. Most people I know would self-cancel soon after they used necessary skills as transform skills are too easy to predict anyway.

@NICENIKESHOE.7128 said:As much as I hate pulsing boons, I don't mind them on transform skill really. Since they override all utility/professional skills for good 15-20s, opening them up to CC without ways to stun break/cleanse. Most people I know would self-cancel soon after they used necessary skills as transform skills are too easy to predict anyway.

Agree, chosing to use a transform skill is already putting one's life in danger by giving up way to much.

@NICENIKESHOE.7128 said:As much as I hate pulsing boons, I don't mind them on transform skill really. Since they override all utility/professional skills for good 15-20sYou're not locked out from your other skills for longer than 10s unless you _choose _to ride out the entire duration of a transformation, though.Opening them up to CC without ways to stun break/cleanse.Unless you're struck with a corrupt or multiple sources of CC within seconds of a pulse, that doesnt seem too likely. Bombing them with conditions can work despite the increased Vit both give, but again, nothing really stops them from ending a transformation after doing what they need to and cleansing.Most people I know would self-cancel soon after they used necessary skills as transform skills are too easy to predict anyway.I can agree that it is not hard to read what someone will do once transformed, but its not about what the transformations do so much as an inquiry as to why pulsing stability was kept in any form after that update.

@Dadnir.5038 said:Agree, chosing to use a transform skill is already putting one's life in danger by giving up way to much.That's only the case with Elementalists using Tornado, both because its not a strong transform and because they have better options. Rampage/Elixir X is actually strong/decent respectively these days.

@Airdive.2613 said:TL;DR Tornado OP please nerf.That's not what this is about at all, beyond the fact that it happens to share a remnant of stability pulsing along with Rampage..

@BeLZedaR.4790 said:Many of the skills that were nerfed from pulsing stab to normal should be nerfed in stacks.And then normalize rampage and tornado aswell.I can agree with that.Before people cry tornado is already weak, pulsing stab already doesn’t make it strong enough, it needs a buff elsewhere.Sure. I'm not saying that its OP/UP, but there should be some consistency regarding their balance changes. If Nado gets buffed somewhere in the process, then I dont particularly mind.

@Euthymias.7984 said:

@Dadnir.5038 said:Agree, chosing to use a transform skill is already putting one's life in danger by giving up way to much.That's only the case with Elementalists using Tornado, both because its not a strong transform and because they have better options. Rampage/Elixir X is actually strong/decent respectively these days.

It's a matter of point of view and I'd say that I'm not objective because I hate transformations skills to the core but for me a transformation skill it's:

• losing your utilities skills and thus giving a free opening to your foes.
  • losing your freedom of movement since most transformation have incredibly clunky movement animation.
  • Some transformations even root you when you use a skill (the worst).
  • A short uptime which mean that you often barely know what the skills of the transformation actually do.
  • Visual pollution (mainly lich form)

You feel that elementalist's tornado is the worst, I believe it's the least impacted by what I don't like in transformations.

The main reason I believe it's ok for transformations to have a pulsing stability thought is because of the horrendous impact that those tranformation have on the movement of the character. Being penalized by horrible movement, visual, being locked out of your defense and at the same time being a ping pong ball that wouldn't make transformation skills popular for sure.

Anyway, from what I've read, you see the transformation skills more like skill that you enter to access specific skills and then go out, I think I'd have agreed with your point of view about pulsing stability if I was seeing things the same way than you and transformations skill had a way better uptime. That's why I don't mind kit or conjure weapon not having stability or even pulsing stability. But honnestly the cons for elite transformation that have this pulsing stability vastly outweight the benefit that a pulsing stability give.

@Euthymias.7984 said:In short, pulsing stability is to entice people to stay in transformation. Everyone knows leave transformation is an option, but don't you think basing that as a reason to remove pulsing stability is contradictory? All it does is making leave transformation as primary reason than transformation itself, killing potential options. There's already little enough reason to stay transformed, especially in current meta where its not difficult to remove stability and CC at the same time.

Archived