[suggestion] A way to try to break free from water

Dadnir.5038

The fire magic traitline is the priviledged host of a few trait related to fire shield. The suggestion thus will make use of fire shield:

• Burning fire effect changed to cleanse a condition whenever you gain fire shield.
  • Blinding ashes effect changed to blind foes around you when you gain fire shield.

Simple changes, right?

Earth should cover it more then fire. I say give earth line resistances or buff dimon skin or give a strong condi dmg -% on earth line passive.Fire is the dmg line for ele as well as air they do nothing but dmg so unless you want to rework all of ele traits lines to be more gen. (this is why ele is in the state it is today though so its not a good thing the class like set up like this) its not going to work out well. Kind of things are bad the way they are but its too much to ask for a full fix.

@Jski.6180 said:Earth should cover it more then fire. I say give earth line resistances or buff dimon skin or give a strong condi dmg -% on earth line passive.Fire is the dmg line for ele as well as air they do nothing but dmg so unless you want to rework all of ele traits lines to be more gen. (this is why ele is in the state it is today though so its not a good thing the class like set up like this) its not going to work out well. Kind of things are bad the way they are but its too much to ask for a full fix.

Note that I didn't change the overall goal of the traits, I just make them a bit more practical for the elementalist, getting rid of bothersome ICD.

Fire and earth have a (potential for) good synergy to be a sustainy condition focused build.The main issue is that diamond skin has no synergy with other traits (most traits trigger on 50%, while diamond skin stops at 75%), stone heart is useless out of earth, blinding ashes is extremely weak for a grandmaster due to the ICD, and burning fire has very low synergy with everything else.

As I mentioned in https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/48446/the-trait-changes-the-elementalist-needs-more-synergy

@lLobo.7960 said:

• move blinding ashes to major adept (in place of burning fire) and reduce the ICD to 6s (per target). This trait is too weak to be a grandmaster, and by placing it in competition with burning precision in the minor adept you increase its accessibility while lowering its efficiency, as you remove the synergy with burning precision, making it required to be in fire (with some exceptions) to trigger it
  • burning fire as a major grandmaster and including: cantrips give might (as it used to)
  • stone heart include: cause weakness (3s) to enemies that critically hit you;
  • diamond skin reduce the health threshold (50%).The changes try to give stone heart a bit of a use outside of earth to be a viable trait if you are not camping earth. The change to diamond skin aims to make synergies with traits like earthen embrace, _bolstered elements, and final shielding

The synergy is that with those traits, by going fire/earth you could have some protection from conditions while above 50% hp, and once below you would pop armor of earth and have stability (or arcane shield) to use ether renewal (or jump into water if you traited for water cleanses) and try to recover. Its not as strong as water cleanses but its a solid option with a different playstyle and counterplay.

Archived