Elementalist build for pve

OlsenSan.2987

Looking for a build with good damage on pve, specially solo open world stuff.

The reason why I ask this question, what can be annoying for most of you, is because I've been reading threads in this forum and all I see is people complaining about the class and I feel like it is not viable to play elementalist anymore. I just leveled one to 80 and I have no idea what should I do with it. Whats the best elite spec, tempest or weaver? if I choose weaver, is it for condi builds or power.Honestly when I search on google for Elementalist builds it is mostly builds with staff and I'd rather have other options. While leveling I didnt feel good playing with staff, so if you guys, experienced elementalist, could give me an idea about which build, weapon, specs, traits, utilities I should choose, that would be nice.I have many ascended gear chests on my bank that I could use to gear my ele, I just need some advice about the best build/stats including sigils and runes :)

Thanks mate. I think grieving would be good yes. I wonder why all elementalists builds are zerker builds when weaver clearly gives a lot of condi dmg traits. Isnt it really interesting go on condi builds? And I find open world very challenging for Eles ^^, after my solo hp hunting last night ^^.

It's definitely more stuff to do than with necro or ranger, yes. :tongue:

Well, it's actually just tested. Zerker does more damage and syngergises better with various other traits. There have been requests for as long as I can think to improve some conditions on staff for example, and sword also needs more conditions on a lot of skills. But - I agree it is definitely usable with grieving, the difference is not that big - at least not in solo PvE. Just go for grieving, but be aware you might have to switch to Zerker if you want to raid or something.

The reason why I started out with full Zerker (without ever playing raids or higher fracs) was simply the possibility to swap everything to my mesmer and have fun in PvE too. Not necessary anymore, because that character is ascended too.

I play grieving S/D weaver in open world too, mixed with some viper trinkets that I have laying around. Good fun.Since ele is made of paper, the extra Condi ticks would usually finish off your enemies while you can kite/back off a bit.Traited water for Condi removal and arcane for boons, probably way overkill for open world but it's a good starting point for new ele players.Most guides you see are for raid and fractals, which expect you to have a certain amount of group support. You can always check them out and tweak them as you see fit.

Archived