Make events like Junundu Rising require multiple people present

Lonecap.4105

So I waited about 40 minutes to do this event, and when it became available I intended to tag up and coordinate it. The event isn't on a fixed schedule so getting people together is quite difficult as it is.

Imagine my frustration when a clueless player started the event and then ran off somewhere to do something else while I took a 3 min AFK. The event, by the time I get back, is unsalvageable and failed. I have to wait another hour to try again.

Prevent this from happening by requiring at least 3-5 players present, simple. PoF is already quite poor in terms of people wanting to do events together.

You shouldn't have given up. This event is actually pretty solo/small-group friendly, even if you get a bit of a late start. You only need 1 wurm to succeed, and you can easily solo the collection (you need 8 crystals solo) in 3 minutes or less. Beyond that, as long as you do awakened base first, you can complete with only 2 or 3 players total. Forged cannonades and vanguards murder the wurms, awakened are hardly a threat. Frankly, events that require people to gather before starting never get done - see Lair of Zommoros.

Here is a reddit post with my approach to commanding the event. I usually don't tag up until the south lure is done.https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/8qjbox/whats_up_with_the_junundu_rising_event/e0jvy1s/

What if they made it so that each map had a directory of events that could be accessed through a scout, then could activate the ones they want to do? Maybe they could have them be dynamic still, but then add an option to start them again if they're not active, and if they're already active then it can just show a message saying that it's already in progress or something?

Maybe they could have a separate section for meta events where you can't activate them on your own, but the scout will still point out which ones are active as well?

I know there's already a timer for the meta events, but maybe this would make it more convenient for people that want to jump in and do a specific event, too?

@"thehipone.6812" said:You shouldn't have given up. This event is actually pretty solo/small-group friendly, even if you get a bit of a late start. You only need 1 wurm to succeed, and you can easily solo the collection (you need 8 crystals solo) in 3 minutes or less. Beyond that, as long as you do awakened base first, you can complete with only 2 or 3 players total. Forged cannonades and vanguards murder the wurms, awakened are hardly a threat. Frankly, events that require people to gather before starting never get done - see Lair of Zommoros.

Here is a reddit post with my approach to commanding the event. I usually don't tag up until the south lure is done.https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/8qjbox/whats_up_with_the_junundu_rising_event/e0jvy1s/

Yes! I actually read through your excellent post already, I was going to follow your guidance exactly. Sadly it really was unsalvageable, someone started the event (perhaps not knowing what they were doing) and then went off somewhere else. By the time I got back from AFK, there was only seconds left to get the crystals to the lure and I couldn't get even one wurm up.

I see what you mean about locking events behind multiple players, but it seems better than one player being able to start off the event and likely sabotaging it.

That was my pain when hunting the corrupted facet bounty. So many times somebody that never tried a bounty, but sees they need this for the gryphon, they just run up and start the bounty, only to wander over to where he is and go "oh hell no" and leave. Anyone trying to organize a run is now screwed for the next hour or two.

Archived