Is Dagger/Dagger viable?

Dace.8173

It seems like Elementalist has gotten new toys. I'm curious if Dagger/Dagger is viable and if so does anyone have a good build for it. I typically play in WvW and PvP. And it can be either Tempest or Weaver. I've seen people mention that Tempest got a boost in this new patch? Maybe I'll give that a second try (the one I played in PvP was just a disaster :( ). I'm always willing to give new playstyles a try. I typically do power Weaver so is there a viable condi dagger/dagger build?

Also, stupid question but what does Fresh Air? I've seen it on builds listed on metabattle but I'm unclear on what it means unless it's just a build focused on the Air attunement? I had considered that but then I don't see any such type names for the other elements.

Weaver still awkward, but better, with more build diversity overall with cleanses in fire.

I can see why they keep nerfing Riptide, because I feel like that's one of the main things that keep me going back to sword over dagger. That single attune heal and evade is a huge advantage over dagger in my opinion.

I've been testing Air, Fire, Weaver d/d and it is better. There's nice burst across fire/air and a cleanse dump across fire/water, but it's lengthy to execute. Decent passive cleansing with shocking aura and fire attunes. Fire/earth and water/earth are underwhelming except for full earth leap into water earth cc, then you can go into air for defense, burst, and cc then on into air/fire rotation.

Fire, earth, x could be condi or hybrid bruiser.

In wvw/pvp I could only recommend d/d core - as Chill Seven or sw/d weaver - Cellofrag style, anything else just underperform massively in respective roles. I feel like d/d tempest is still behind core and the aura change didn't do it any proper justice. And staff ele is still miles away from hammer rev that has 25 might, 100% crit chance, bigger dmg, shorter cooldowns, easier rotation, better mobility, better sustain... Fresh Air is gone from usefulness. If you don't mind playing mage in melee go for ele but If you want a range build go everything else but ele. (Like warrior that has better range dmg with shitty gun build)

@Djinngo.1876 said:

@"sephiroth.4217" said:I was rank 76 as Lightning rod DD tempest before I went to bed last night... Id say its viable, im sure most would disagree.

Your Build with tempest?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAoYn0XCNYidOA+XCcYilHATIAcAahEDhXQLwdyeZ/sA-jJRWAB2+AAg8EAAw+D4WGAA

Swap out Powerful Aura for Cleansing Waters if the enemy team is condition heavy... Very high mobility too with Ride the Lightning and Magnetic Leap

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:I was rank 76 as Lightning rod DD tempest before I went to bed last night... Id say its viable, im sure most would disagree.

Your Build with tempest?

Swap out Powerful Aura for Cleansing Waters if the enemy team is condition heavy... Very high mobility too with Ride the Lightning and Magnetic Leap

I'm gonna test this. Always enjoy support tempest in pvp.

Btw how do you tell if the team is condi heavy when there's almost an equal mixture of reapers and scourges, condi and power mirages?

@TSOdinson.2518 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:I was rank 76 as Lightning rod DD tempest before I went to bed last night... Id say its viable, im sure most would disagree.

Your Build with tempest?

I'm gonna test this. Always enjoy support tempest in pvp.

Btw how do you tell if the team is condi heavy when there's almost an equal mixture of reapers and scourges, condi and power mirages?

Run to the enemy base and using the B button to check the enemy comp.. Also some players you recognize from previous games and remember what they were using.

The build works best when you have a Firebrand/Necro comp on mid, you can supplement that combo really well by covering the weakspots with static Auras and Magnetic Auras, help them out with CC and the few extra cleanses and drop the mediocre damage in large quantities really quickly so it amounts to decent damage...EG: Air overload > Detonate Aura > Updraft > Earthquake > Churning Earth > Burning Speed > Fire Grab sort of deal, Air overload will give static Aura and proc Lightning Rod, Detonate Aura will proc Lightning Rod, so will Updraft and Earthquake which is about 10k damage just through that trait and that combines with the actual skills damage... All these procs that also steal boons every 3s from absorption sigils

Archived