[Suggestion] Guild Hall Custom Loot Chest

Cercie.1025

Ever build an amazing jumping puzzle and wish you could reward someone for taking the time to get to the end of it? I suggest having a decoration loot chest, that could hold even just a single item or gold amount given to by the guild leader. Or potentially just link the chest to a daily reward in itself so it couldn't be abused in some way. However it's done, I think it would make our guild hall creations that much more fun to have something to share at the end. :)

I think it would work as a pretty neat idea and would give the Guildhall more life than it has right now. But I also think such feature could be very easily exploited and have people basically farm a specific thing unless they set up rules for it right so people can't loot it more times than intended and that guild leaders can't put out chests multiple times and "refresh" them and people can exploit it that way.

We've been building and exploring our guildhall for quite a long time and created a good load of jumping-puzzles. I tried out a few things so far.

1.) Telling a storyInspired by the FF9 version of Stiltzkin, which was a funny vendor you've met in the most lost and dangerous regions in the game, I created a sub-story in our guildhall. If you own a guildhall, you know how easy it is to write long texts in there, so even the beginning was a challenge. I placed a warrior-monument close to the lobby with a text like this "Hail Adventurers. Stiltzkin the explorer just arrived in Gilded Hollow. Ready to explore the depths and secrets of this mysterious place." A few days later I replaced the warrior with a tombstone and added a message like "... I really need my sunglasses, tis place is way too bright with all the gold. Something suspicious ... south ... bridge - Stiltzkin" which simply suggested the visitors to check out the southern bridge where they found a newly created JP. At its end, there was an awesome view on the main-complex of the guildhall, a note from Stiltzkin (tombstone) enjoying it and giving a hint for the next JP's location. I was told by a few members of our guild, that they really enjoyed it. But for the majority of players ... well, NO LOOT. Time is money, money is short. etc.

2.) Treasure HuntUtilizing our discord-channel, I ran a few events with small written stories. One was about a very precious decoration the other was SAB themed. Compared to the first attempt, those events had more participants. It has never been like half the guild or even the entire guild joined. I was happy with up to 2-6 people actively trying. Instead of loot-boxes I just placed monuments next to certain decorations and put a password into the description, which people had to pm to me.

3.) SAB chestsAfter the last SAB opening, we finally received SAB chest decorations, which even give a funny sound upon opening. So I placed these at the end of the Jumping Puzzles and a few imho hard to reach locations. Again placed a monument next to it, with a password. Participation almost 0.

I am only using my own stuff for loot, which is a lot more than you can get out of a regular JP chest in Tyria. The greatest loot from my pirate puzzle contains 3 Freshwater Pearls, 20 globs, a unique skin and a few unidentified dye. It has been looted once so far, although it is in the guildhall for almost two years now. Most of my other chests contain a reward which is at least 2-5g on TP (if you instantly sell it). I try not to use any core-materials and rather put fun stuff like the drytop-kites (with the speedboost) or agony-infusions into them. But no matter what you put into them as loot, no matter how much you advertise it, people seem to be not interested. I have one section of my private guildbank reserved only for guildhall-loot. I always keep a few items there, just in case someone accidentally found a treasure. Once I am done with my legendary hammer, I might give it a new try.

I like your idea.

Archived