Nightfall destroy projectiles

DragonFury.6243

Anet see de and ranger are balanced now but for slow wide open reaper they aren'tand no invulnerable nor block at least give reaper more projectile hateso how about make Nightfall destroy projectiles it have relatively long Cd and small radius that is gradually increase in sizeor if you see that is too much for a weapon kill to have all that make it destroy projectiles when traited with soul eater

PSscourge some how can pressure de and range by utilizing barrier and sand shade and if scourge is using condition build he can use Corrosive Poison Cloud and core necromancer have some counter rang pressure AA (which is not even enough) and Dark Path to blink to his ranged target and reaper have only Death's Charge

Why i picked Nightfall because the other option is

Wells but that is a 900 ranged skill and you can put it on the ranged target thus completely shutting him down thus he need to run outside from the AOE and if any think scourge teaches us is rang AOE on point is disgusting also that why i picked Nightfall scene its under the necromancer feet he cant force a group of player out from point unless he take a risk and enter the point to cast Nightfall which will be the same but now have a projectiles hate

Spectral Wall that have a protection and soft CC ok that is broken to have it destroy projectiles(but also that will make Dread seems way better)and that all the necromancer AOE and walls to be useful for a projectiles hate

@Warscythes.9307 said:Nah, nightfall is already practically the real reason why you would take GS in the first place.

Death's Charge destroy projectiles in the first place anyway.

in PvP when you fight a glass de Death's Charge wont be effective at all and if the de is good player he ll win the match by farming you and you ll be a reliability to your teammates and can be helpful in Pve too (example fractal 100 CM and more)

I like the idea, but we risk getting nightfall doing in anet view too much and it would lead to a higher cooldown. In my opinion a higher cooldown to get more functionality on nightfall might not be that good. I would gladly welcom more projectile hate on necromancer utility or other weapon skill, trait banshee wail would be a perfect candidate to add to warhorn 5 a selfish projectile destruction. Another option would be well of darkness, you would get blind and projectile destruction and that would be an awesome revamp of this well.

@NecroSummonsMors.7816 said:I like the idea, but we risk getting nightfall doing in anet view too much and it would lead to a higher cooldown. In my opinion a higher cooldown to get more functionality on nightfall might not be that good. I would gladly welcom more projectile hate on necromancer utility or other weapon skill, trait banshee wail would be a perfect candidate to add to warhorn 5 a selfish projectile destruction. Another option would be well of darkness, you would get blind a projectile destruction and that would be an awesome revamp of this well.

that a great ideas toobut Anet did make some weapon skill have more without increase in Cd (example mesmer scepter )also if they can rework Reaper's Touch to make it reflect projectiles ?

@DragonFury.6243 said:

@Warscythes.9307 said:Nah, nightfall is already practically the real reason why you would take GS in the first place.

in PvP when you fight a glass de Death's Charge wont be effective at all and if the de is good player he ll win the match by farming you and you ll be a reliability to your teammates and can be helpful in Pve too (example fractal 100 CM and more)

I don't understand what you are trying to say here. Death's charge won't be effective at all? What do you mean? It works perfectly as advertised especially because it's biggest weakness got covered by quickness.

Will this make PvE better too? Sure I guess. Does Reaper need it? No not really.

@Warscythes.9307 said:

I don't understand what you are trying to say here. Death's charge won't be effective at all? What do you mean? It works perfectly as advertised especially because it's biggest weakness got covered by quickness.

Well !!!!!!if you play some PvP you ll know that for a thief Shadowstep is a must run and when you use your Death's charge it will destroy projectiles in its path here when the de uses his Shadowstep and thus render you useless to continue pressure him and you remain with nothing but LOS to surviveand Death's charge biggest weakness is NOT the long cast time but its a line of projectiles hate not an area or wall

@DragonFury.6243 said:

Well !!!!!!if you play some PvP you ll know that for a thief Shadowstep is a must run and when you use your Death's charge it will destroy projectiles in its path here when the de uses his Shadowstep and thus render you useless to continue pressure him and you remain with nothing but LOS to surviveand Death's charge biggest weakness is NOT the long cast time but its a line of projectiles hate not an area or wall

and if you play PvP then you know that fighting a DE 1v1 as a Reaper is pointless unless he screws up. That is also one specific situation that you nitpicked. This is not how you argue a point mate. If people just pick one situation where it suits their argument then you can argue everything. Does Reaper have issues with range? Sure absolutely. Should it be a weakness? Definitely considering Reaper's melee damage is disgusting right now. Can Reaper's projectile defense be better without attaching to a skill that is already pretty bloated? I don't see why not. The well of darkness idea is pretty good for example. Traited locust swarm probably not since is 10 seconds.

Also Death's Charge problem was that often times you would cast it but they would move away. However the skill does not follow so you end up spinning in place for a second. Quickness solve that.

@Warscythes.9307 said:

and if you play PvP then you know that fighting a DE 1v1 as a Reaper is pointless unless he screws up. That is also one specific situation that you nitpicked. This is not how you argue a point mate. If people just pick one situation where it suits their argument then you can argue everything. Does Reaper have issues with range? Sure absolutely. Should it be a weakness? Definitely considering Reaper's melee damage is disgusting right now. Can Reaper's projectile defense be better without attaching to a skill that is already pretty bloated? I don't see why not. The well of darkness idea is pretty good for example. Traited locust swarm probably not since is 10 seconds.

Also Death's Charge problem was that often times you would cast it but they would move away. However the skill does not follow so you end up spinning in place for a second. Quickness solve that.

Well !!!!! what make you think that i was talking about a 1v1 situation that a situation you nitpicked. i see how you argue a point mateactually i was in a team fight with a guardian and an engineer on mid in Revenge of the Capricorn in 3v3 situation ( the de he had the upper ground when our engineer try to take him out and with Shadowstep he land on same floor as us and return later )so during the fight and we had no projectiles hate left and our engineer went down and our guardian went down trying to rez the engineer i cant rez in 1 v 3 with de supper damage and scourge on me vomiting conditions(sense i just lost my guardian my super condition cleanse)so i disengaged the fight to our close when he fellow me and killed me off point trying to LOS

@DragonFury.6243 said:

Well !!!!! what make you think that i was talking about a 1v1 situation that a situation you nitpicked. i see how you argue a point mateactually i was in a team fight with a guardian and an engineer on mid in Revenge of the Capricorn in 3v3 situation ( the de he had the upper ground when our engineer try to take him out and with Shadowstep he land on same floor as us and return later )so during the fight and we had no projectiles hate left and our engineer went down and our guardian went down trying to rez the engineer i cant rez in 1 v 3 with de supper damage and scourge on me vomiting conditions(sense i just lost my guardian my super condition cleanse)so i disengaged the fight to our close when he fellow me and killed me off point trying to LOS

I don't see why that's a problem though. You guys lost a 3v3 fight and you ended up dying because the thief ended up catching stragglers aka you.

Out of all the problem with PvP, I really don't think a thief catching a reaper trying to run is something to complain about.

@Warscythes.9307 said:

I don't see why that's a problem though. You guys lost a 3v3 fight and you ended up dying because the thief ended up catching stragglers aka you.

Out of all the problem with PvP, I really don't think a thief catching a reaper trying to run is something to complain about.

Well !!!!! who do you think killed our guardian ? not scourge nor their guardian (me dying is not my main complain)i complain because while our guardian is rezing i had no counter at all to the de cant pressure him nor i had any projectiles hateBTW before the match start i knew they have a de and i really considered taking Corrosive Poison Cloud but the self weakness on power build just make me LMAO such a bad design

@DragonFury.6243 said:

Well !!!!! who do you think killed our guardian ? not scourge nor their guardian (me dying is not my main complain)i complain because while our guardian is rezing i had no counter at all to the de cant pressure him nor i had any projectiles hateBTW before the match start i knew they have a de and i really considered taking Corrosive Poison Cloud but the self weakness on power build just make me LMAO such a bad design

You are a melee class that's getting shot by a class that is entirely range. I really don't see if that's a problem. If you want range then take staff instead of GS.

This is regardless of if is DE or SB or hell DH. Range should be one of Reaper's weakness and if you want to counter it, take the appropriate weapon for it. This is mid point on capricorn right and he's on top? You can just jump up on boxes and axe 2 him to death.

Really what you are doing here is basically that you just lost a match and went to the forum to cry about it. At least wait a couple hours and think before the kneejerk.

@Warscythes.9307 said:

You are a melee class that's getting shot by a class that is entirely range. I really don't see if that's a problem. If you want range then take staff instead of GS.

This is regardless of if is DE or SB or hell DH. Range should be one of Reaper's weakness and if you want to counter it, take the appropriate weapon for it. This is mid point on capricorn right and he's on top? You can just jump up on boxes and axe 2 him to death.

Really what you are doing here is basically that you just lost a match and went to the forum to cry about it. At least wait a couple hours and think before the kneejerk.

Well !!!!! i see now you are dont play much PvP as a reaper may be at all becausetake staff instead of GS ??????? LoL really !!!!DH should be considers one of Reaper's weakness ?????? LoL really !!!! i can see the SB and de but really !!! DH ! Hmmmand you think that Ghastly Claws have the same pressure as Death's Judgment ????? LoL really!!!!

Really what you are doing here is basically that you a PvEer . At least wait a couple hours and think before dislike a buffi wont respond again to you because i dont have time to respond to your lack of PvP knowledge in regard for reaper

@DragonFury.6243 said:

Well !!!!! i see now you are dont play much PvP as a reaper may be at all becausetake staff instead of GS ??????? LoL really !!!!DH should be considers one of Reaper's weakness ?????? LoL really !!!! i can see the SB and de but really !!! DH ! Hmmmand you think that Ghastly Claws have the same pressure as Death's Judgment ????? LoL really!!!!

Really what you are doing here is basically that you a PvEer . At least wait a couple hours and think before dislike a buffi wont respond again to you because i dont have time to respond to your lack of PvP knowledge in regard for reaper

Mate I am plat in all the seasons that I played and I played practically just power reaper except when I grinded for ascension. I fully admit I am not the greatest PvP player but I think I know the basics. Judging somebody before knowing anything is pretty ignorant. I pointed out the DH because I said it doesn't matter if is a DH, DE or SB shooting at you if you are doing what you did before and just stood around. Please try to read my post before replying.

Staff is definitely viable these days because of the shroud changes. I won't say take it every game but right now practically 90% of power reaper's damage is in shroud and that is really all you need for damage sometimes. Don't dismiss something entirely without trying it.

Not to mention the fact you are comparing skills axe 2 and DJ by their lonesome makes me worry if you know how fights work at all. Why would you ever jump up there, press axe 2 and do nothing? You are running towards the DE right? Also the damage is pretty comparable if you look at the wiki. In fact axe 2 does more damage than a fully stacked DJ with around .3 higher casttime if you can get quickness off with it.

@Warscythes.9307 said:

Mate I am plat in all the seasons that I played and I played practically just power reaper except when I grinded for ascension. I fully admit I am not the greatest PvP player but I think I know the basics. Judging somebody before knowing anything is pretty ignorant. I pointed out the DH because I said it doesn't matter if is a DH, DE or SB shooting at you if you are doing what you did before and just stood around. Please try to read my post before replying.

Staff is definitely viable these days because of the shroud changes. I won't say take it every game but right now practically 90% of power reaper's damage is in shroud and that is really all you need for damage sometimes. Don't dismiss something entirely without trying it.

Not to mention the fact you are comparing skills axe 2 and DJ by their lonesome makes me worry if you know how fights work at all. Why would you ever jump up there, press axe 2 and do nothing? You are running towards the DE right? Also the damage is pretty comparable if you look at the wiki. In fact axe 2 does more damage than a fully stacked DJ with around .3 higher casttime if you can get quickness off with it.

WellFirst i am a reaper only PvP because i hate the scourge design and i think its disgusting in competitive modes no skill no brainSecond what make me question you is your respond have something completely wrong you said you are plat in all seasons well that cant be true for start you cant in plat playing reaper at POF release we were scourges food and cant be plat also during the mesmer era and may more( that if you play +600 game)third even when i see a post regard necromancer buff sense i am a main necromancer even if i hated the idea i wont refuse it or try to dismiss it at leas i wont comment on it and as much as i hate scourge you ll see post from me complaining (mainly the Dhuumfire icd ) how Anet went for such nerf its not fair for my professionnow you see why i have questions in regards for you responds

@Obtena.7952 said:Nightfall isn't an appropriate skill to add anything to, regardless of game mode. It's 'loaded' up already. Changing one skill isn't going to fix anything that's wrong with any class in any game mode ... unless of course you completely break the skill.

but its a startand actually what is wrong with having a broken skill it wont be the first broken skill in the game and i wont compare it to other skill because i know you hate comparison between professions

@DragonFury.6243 said:

WellFirst i am a reaper only PvP because i hate the scourge design and i think its disgusting in competitive modes no skill no brainSecond what make me question you is your respond have something completely wrong you said you are plat in all seasons well that cant be true for start you cant in plat playing reaper at POF release we were scourges food and cant be plat also during the mesmer era and may more( that if you play +600 game)third even when i see a post regard necromancer buff sense i am a main necromancer even if i hated the idea i wont refuse it or try to dismiss it at leas i wont comment on it and as much as i hate scourge you ll see post from me complaining (mainly the Dhuumfire icd ) how Anet went for such nerf its not fair for my professionnow you see why i have questions in regards for you responds

Yes I was plat at the start of PoF as well as when Chrono was overpowered as well. I know it might be weird in me saying this but getting plat is actually not difficult at all. Ask in PvP forum and see what people think of plat other than it be a proof that you are not completely braindead. Often times I would get 5-5 or 6-4 in placement and be in high gold, winning 2-3 games then puts me in plat. Is really is that easy. No I was never in the 1700-1800 range but is really not difficult to get 1600 something. Be in the right place at the right time is the most important skill in PvP. If you can do that then you can hit plat with core staff ele.

I am not too sure what you are trying to say in the third paragraph. If you read my post, I wasn't dismissive of the idea to give some sort of projectile defense. However it definitely should not be on nightfall considering how bloated it is already.

@DragonFury.6243 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:Nightfall isn't an appropriate skill to add anything to, regardless of game mode. It's 'loaded' up already. Changing one skill isn't going to fix anything that's wrong with any class in any game mode ... unless of course you completely break the skill.

... what is wrong with having a broken skill it wont be the first broken skill in the game ...

Right ... and this is why no one will take your suggestions seriously ... because you honestly think that it's OK to add more broken skills to the game, say it openly and seemingly believe that Anet is going to consider it.

I don't know what angle you're playing here so I will just stick to the stuff I know.

Nightfall as a skill of itself is pretty awesome and needs nothing else.The idea that Anet should break skills on Reaper because you lost some PVP match ups is ridiculous.Even if Nightfall got something else, the chance you would do better in PVP because of it is low.

@Obtena.7952 said:Right ... and this is why no one will take your suggestions seriously ... because you honestly think that it's OK to add more broken skills to the game, say it openly and seemingly believe that Anet is going to consider it.

I don't know what angle you're playing here so I will just stick to the stuff I know.

Nightfall as a skill of itself is pretty awesome and needs nothing else.The idea that Anet should add broken skills because you lost some PVP match ups is ridiculous.Even if Nightfall got something else, the chance you would do better in PVP is low.

for you its seem ridiculous but for me i want reaper to have the utility to be able to get the god of PvP which is as now no reaper can

@DragonFury.6243 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:Right ... and this is why no one will take your suggestions seriously ... because you honestly think that it's OK to add more broken skills to the game, say it openly and seemingly believe that Anet is going to consider it.

Nightfall as a skill of itself is pretty awesome and needs nothing else.The idea that Anet should add broken skills because you lost some PVP match ups is ridiculous.Even if Nightfall got something else, the chance you would do better in PVP is low.

for you its seem ridiculous but for me i want reaper to have the utility to be able to get the god of PvP which is as now no reaper can

No, it's completely obvious to me and anyone else that cares about the game that anyone that wants a load of broken skills to dominate in PVP with their favourite class is being ridiculous. That's actually the opposite mentality of anyone that appreciates a balanced spectrum of classes.

I'm not against buffing Reaper for PVP, but your specific idea about breaking Nightfall with more good capabilities is just not a good one. Try again.

@Obtena.7952 said:

but its a startand actually what is wrong with having a broken skill it wont be the first broken skill in the game and i wont compare it to other skill because i know you hate comparison between professions

No, it's completely obvious to me and anyone else that cares about the game that anyone that wants a load of broken skills to dominate in PVP with their favourite class is being ridiculous. That's actually the opposite mentality of anyone that appreciates a balanced spectrum of classes.

I'm not against buffing Reaper for PVP, but your specific idea about breaking Nightfall with more good capabilities is just not a good one. Try again.

not yet convents. Try again

I don't need to 'convents' you; this isn't a debate. There are enough reasonable people around to know Nightfall can't absorb more buffs to it, nor should it for the reasons you have given.

If you were serious about the game (which clearly you aren't because you are promoting the idea of breaking skills to advantage unskilled PVPers), then you would listen to the direction people give you instead of just proposing a bad idea and dismissing anyone that disagrees with you.

@Obtena.7952 said:If you were serious about the game (which clearly you aren't because you are promoting the idea of breaking skills to advantage unskilled PVPers), then you would listen to the direction people give you instead of just proposing a bad idea and dismissing anyone that disagrees with you.

If you were serious about the game then you ll ask yourself the following question why some profession can make it to god of PvP and others dont tell now (aside from player skill)

I have asked myself that question and the answer is obvious; because achieving a tight balance between classes (which you clearly aren't interested in anyways) is not possible when most of the outcome in those competitive game modes is determined more by the players and their actions than the skills on their characters.

Anyways, I don't expect you to believe that because clearly based on how you are presenting yourself, it's clear to me why you wouldn't understand it. Thank goodness, most people do. If you want 'balance', you need to play a game where the only think that differentiates you from anyone else only your skills as a player.

Archived