Aura build for wvw and pvp - please criticize

messiah.1908

i use the build editor but its not update yet with the new traits

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAodnMIClMg9XCWYCcYiFBALIAMBKiut2YbutYT2EPDA-jJhAQBA4BAsj9H2wJAQilBAA

idea behind the buildplay aggressivelots of blind abilities with elemental surge with air, blinding ashes, rune of the flock.nice boons uptimegreat cc abilities with elemental surge and earth, shocking aura, gale, cometgood cleanse abilities with auras skills, fire combo leap, attunements, but as mention before tricky to handle the active ones with out water trait line and regen proc.

main combos arecombo earth and fire to immobilize stacking and burning skillscombo air and water for hard cc shutdown.

i know i didnt take breakstun as the arcane blast is 1500 range so can blind the opening strikeswhat do you say?

It's very squishy with no damage mitigation, no mobility and no stun breaks. Healing output is quite low as well since it comes from tempest traits only. Pressure on tempest is basically non existent since traits provide poor sustain and overloads are too weak to be impactful.

It's can be decent one trick burn build with arcane power, fire signet and dragon breath, but that's pretty much all damage you'll deal. You'd be most likely dead before you could do anything else.

While it could be an interesting experiment for pvp/roaming, it's completely worthless in wvw zergs.

This might not be what you're looking for, but try this buildhttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAodnUMA9MgVYCOOA8RglHATIAsAeADngMwL0dyeZ3sA-jJBHQB3rMAAOBAM8BA0i9HAAPros:Heal with boons every 16secEasy Condition ClearStone Heart is massive defense-camp in earth whenever getting burst, especially by thieves. FGS can be used while in earth and you'll still have Stone heart defense

The only con I can think of is the common weakness of hybrid builds: you'll have to play smart against full dps builds that will try to burst you before you can recover.

Archived