Question about the lvl. 80 boost

xephias.4098

So i just got back from the game after around 2 years of not playing and I read from the official game site that you get a lvl 80 boost after purchasing an expansion of the game.Now I don't know when this was implemented nor do I remember having it, but if a person purchased an expansion of the game (HOT) before this purchase benefit was implemented, are we eligible to redeem that lvl 80 boost?FYI I purchased the game around 2 years ago when HOT was still newly released

This has been in the game since HoT launched. If you bought HoT then you got a level 80 boost with it, if you buy PoF then you will get another.

The boost sits in a shared inventory slot (blue icon instead of a normal bag) and it should be impossible to remove or delete it so the only way to get it out of there is to use it. Which means it should either still be in there or you used it when you got HoT.

(It is possible to use it on a character who is level 80 already, in which case you get a bunch of items and a full set of exotic weapons and armour, so you could have used it without gaining another level 80 character.)

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@"Danikat.8537" said:This has been in the game since HoT launched.

Almost, but not quite! It came after HoT but before LS3 began. Iirc something like 6 months after HoT launch, around the time they rebalanced a bunch of stuff.

Oh really? I just searched the release date on LS3 and it says "Season 3 of the Living World began on July 26th, 2016" but I purchased the game somewhere around december of 2015 and stopped around March cause of school, would that mean I may be eligible to claim the 80 boost?

If you owned Heart of Thorns on April 19, 2016, a free Level-80 Boost and accompanying Shared Inventory Slot was awarded to your account.Here is the information:A new Level-80 Boost consumable has been added to the game for all players who have purchased or will purchase Heart of Thorns. All Heart of Thorns owners will receive a Level-80 Boost consumable. In addition, this item will automatically be delivered in a one-time, free Shared Inventory Slot, which will not count toward the Gem Store limit of shared inventory slot purchases......The Level-80 Boost item will be automatically granted to all current Heart of Thorns owners and to any future players who upgrade to Heart of Thorns as part of their purchase.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2016-04-19#Level-80_Boost

@xephias.4098 said:Thanks for the answer! So I'm supposed to get a lvl 80 boost but I didn't so i will proceed to ticketing this.Thank you all so much for your time. Have a great day!

It should have come in a free Shared Inventory slot, the symbol is a winged diamond (like the level-up symbol with wings).Anyone that has HoT should have gotten this.

If you have one (or two, if you have PoF) and only one (or two) Shared Inventory Slots, then likely you received the free L80 Boost. You may have used it on an existing L80 character, or boosted a lower-level character, and just forgot. You could check your Gem Store purchases, and if there is no mention of purchasing a L80 Boost, then that may be the case.

I just got back from the game around 4-5 days ago (I last played around february/march of 2016) and I noticed that there was indeed an inventory slot but it was empty.I thought nothing of it until I read about getting a lvl. 80 boost upon purchasing an expansion pack, and I was wondering if players who purchased the expansion pack before this feature was implemented were eligible of getting the lvl 80 boost too, hence this thread.

・There is no possibility of anyone gaining access to my account since I had it on two step verification.・I also checked my gem store history and it had nothing about a lvl 80 boost in there either.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Then, you likely already used it.

Hmm, first of all I have 2 lvl 80 toons before i stopped playing the game and I am 100% sure i haven't used a lvl 80 boost to level either of them, ( I used the crafting method, I checked and true enough both of them have 2 maxed out crafting skills which was enough to level a character to 80 during the time if i remember right)And you mentioned that the Level 80 boost was distributed on April 19, 2016 so its also highly unlikely that I have used it accidentally on a toon during my play time which was BEFORE April 19, 2016.The only remaining possibility is if I used it accidentally when I returned to the game a few days ago, but I still only have the 2 lvl 80 toons that i originally have so I couldn't have accidentally used it on another toon other than the two level 80 toon.Lastly, if I did accidentally use it on a lvl 80 toon when I returned to the game then that means my inventory would contain the loot you get from using the lvl 80 boost on a lvl 80 toon, but that wasnt the case either cause i don't have the loot, or, well, not all that was listed.

So yeah, strange.

@"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:Look on your level 80 characters for some of the things given by the boost - a box of your "old" armor as it auto-equips the Soldier (usually) gear it gives, a Celebratory Dye Kit, 4 account-bound 15-slot Leather Bags, etc.

As i mentioned in my previous post, I did check, and the more noticeable non-consumable rewards that were listed (4x 15-slot leather bag for example) were not in my inventory.

@xephias.4098 said:

@"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:Look on your level 80 characters for some of the things given by the boost - a box of your "old" armor as it auto-equips the Soldier (usually) gear it gives, a Celebratory Dye Kit, 4 account-bound 15-slot Leather Bags, etc.

As i mentioned in my previous post, I did check, and the more noticeable non-consumable rewards that were listed (4x 15-slot leather bag for example) were not in my inventory.

Then that is definitely grounds for a support ticket. You'd already sent one, right? Hope they get to it quick :)

Archived