New player need help :)

Anaxim.4036

Hello,

I am new player and have some questions. This game is amazing but some aspects are not clear for me. Fractals are my main content/focus.

FractalsI complete T1 fractals and yesterday i craft exotic backpak with infusion slot so i have enough agony resistence for first few T2 fractals but i little worry about it.

1. How dificult T2 fractals are ? There are different mechanics or just added instabilities ?
  2. Ascended armor dropping only from T2+ ?
  3. Can be dropped ascended armor from last boss or must be daily chest?

EquipmentI have all pcs bersekers(2x ascended rings remaining eq exotic). But there i see a problem. As elementalist (Temptest) i have only 13k hp. When i go World boss usualy one ability which i do not dodge and have instant kill. It is good idea to stay at berseker (power, precision, ferocity) or go for mixed stats (power, precision, ferocity, vitality) ? I saw some videos and every character use berseker stats so i do not know if it is good idea. I pick Tailoring and starting on ascended crafting slowly so i need to choose correct stats.

I use this build with some adjustments for my playstyle.https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Tempest_-_PowerDPS(Fractal)

Living worldHow it is work ? I must buy it for 200 gems and it unlock all chapers ?

Thank you for help and sorry for my bad english :)

I don't dare to advise you anything specific about fractals, since I'm not an expert (I played only a bit until T2 with an elementalist). I guess that if you want to go in higher tiers, you should learn sooner or later how to avoid damage, so berserker will become a good choice. But a player that stays alive and keep doing damage (even if lower) is better than a dead one that went full burst and needs the help of a team mate to be revived. So ideally I'd go with the gear that it's "just" good enough to stay alive. It could be celestial -> marauder -> berserker. Feel free to disagree, I'm a noob.

About the Living World: sadly no, 200 gems for each chapter. If you buy the bundle, you usually have a discount. If you buy 1 chapter (200 gems), the price of the bundle will be lowered (-160 gems or something, it should be -20% for the bundle).

@Anaxim.4036 said:

1. How dificult T2 fractals are ? There are different mechanics or just added instabilities ?T2 enemies are only marginally more difficult than T1, and yes, the only additional mechanics to overcome would be Fractal Instabilities.

@Anaxim.4036 said:

1. Ascended armor dropping only from T2+ ?
  2. Can be dropped ascended armor from last boss or must be daily chest?Ascended trinkets and armor are random drops from the Daily Fractal chests, even the T1 dailies; the higher-tier chests have higher chance of giving you ascended equipment.

@Anaxim.4036 said:EquipmentI have all pcs bersekers(2x ascended rings remaining eq exotic). But there i see a problem. As elementalist (Temptest) i have only 13k hp. When i go World boss usualy one ability which i do not dodge and have instant kill. It is good idea to stay at berseker (power, precision, ferocity) or go for mixed stats (power, precision, ferocity, vitality) ? I saw some videos and every character use berseker stats so i do not know if it is good idea. I pick Tailoring and starting on ascended crafting slowly so i need to choose correct stats.Firstly, Berserker Tempest should work fine. Focus on learning the boss mechanics, your character's rotations, and then improving your positioning and evades. You shouldn't have much trouble throughout T2s, but you should have a good grasp of the above by the time you start attempting T3s and above.

Secondly, Vitality isn't really a good attribute to have for Fractals. Even with the recommended Agony Resistance, each stack of Agony does 1% of your character's Maximum Health; meaning that the more Vitality your character has, the more damage you take from Agony, but at the same time, you won't have the additional healing to make up for the fact.

Thirdly, once you have ascended armor, you can change their attribute combinations with a fairly cheap recipe at the Mystic Forge. You simply need the ascended armor in question, 5 Globs of Ectoplasm, the Exotic insignia of the attribute you want, and an Anthology of Heroes from the Mystic Forge attendant.

@Anaxim.4036 said:Living worldHow it is work ? I must buy it for 200 gems and it unlock all chapers ?You will unlock the latest Living World episode for free if you log on while it is current. For ones that you have missed, you need 200 Gems to unlock each individual chapter. Remember that you can also covert Gold to Gems to achieve this, making each episode costing around 50 to 60 gold.

Archived