group combat

Your role, along with everyone else, is dps. Hit the boss as hard as you can so it gows down as quickly as possible. Watch some youtube vids on dungeons as well if you want to know what's going on with the boss. Won't matter if the video is old, nothing about dungeons (except a nerf to spiders in arah, and twilight arbor paths) have changed since those videos

@Cyninja.2954 said:Personal recommendation: don't play dungeons while leveling, not even story.

Adjusting to the game is difficult enough and dungeons are designed with being semi adept at the game. It is best to do them closer to 80 or even at 80.tyvm. however, i have to try. i did world and group event bounty bosses with a little difficulty in public groups. if i can't, i will take your advise.tbh - when i did my human personal story, i feel your pain due to imo the ridiculous difficulty i had with any class at lvl 10-11. find and rescuing lord faren with mobs of 3-4 npcs cornering you are dodging at this point is useless and self healing is at it's minimum. it felt imbalanced.

@Cyninja.2954 said:Personal recommendation: don't play dungeons while leveling, not even story.

Adjusting to the game is difficult enough and dungeons are designed with being semi adept at the game. It is best to do them closer to 80 or even at 80.

I remember when dungeons were the way to power level for a while, I did this very often and could do 30 to 80 in like a couple days before since I didn't have money to power though via crafting. I was still doing this even after the new player experience changes to skill acquisition.

What changed exactly that gives you this opinion?

@IllegalChocolate.6938 said:

Adjusting to the game is difficult enough and dungeons are designed with being semi adept at the game. It is best to do them closer to 80 or even at 80.

I remember when dungeons were the way to power level for a while, I did this very often and could do 30 to 80 in like a couple days before since I didn't have money to power though via crafting. I was still doing this even after the new player experience changes to skill acquisition.

Nothing changed except hat, as during launch and always after:

• people used to demand level 80s to join
  • people used to demand experience in the dungeon
  • as ascalon especially was a nightmare experience for many new players, there was threads full of it

Now imagine how this setting with a less active player base in the content might affect you as a new player with no experience in dungeons (or the game) might affect the experience.

I would rather players get to 80 and see what else there is in the game instead of potentially exposing them to a terrible experience putting them off the game for good.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

Nothing changed except hat, as during launch and always after:
  • people used to demand level 80s to join
  • people used to demand experience in the dungeon
  • as ascalon especially was a nightmare experience for many new players, there was threads full of it

Now imagine how this setting with a less active player base in the content might affect you as a new player with no experience in dungeons (or the game) might affect the experience.

I would rather players get to 80 and see what else there is in the game instead of potentially exposing them to a terrible experience putting them off the game for good.

after i saw dungeon run spams in the map chat and experienced ignored pleas of dungeon runs from low level guild members in several guilds, i started researching and reading the last year to recent posts about pre-lvl 80 dungeon bugs, imbalances, nerfed rewards, gear, weapons, etc. the community consensus is there is no point in doing pre-lvl80 dungeons unless you are doing the personal story and/or you find a very, very rare, friendly, helpful guild that focuses on doing all group content (a real miracle guild). the trend does not surprise me. i saw this on all mmos with several expansions. get to max level at any cost. meanwhile, new players do not get proper practice and experience to do group content. luckily, this game has a lot of open world dynamic co-op or group events to compensate for the pre-lvl 80 dungeons and i am a very adaptive, learning player. but i am still curious about the dungeons. so, youtube, here i come.

If you find the right people you can have fun at any level. I personally don't care who joins my dungeon groups as I rather see them actually fill than be stuck soloing them. I'd say the majority of people who have joined my groups are fairly new to the game and are not level 80. I say give it a shot. Just don't feel bad if you run into a few jerks. Ignore them.

@MysticReaper.4318 said:

Adjusting to the game is difficult enough and dungeons are designed with being semi adept at the game. It is best to do them closer to 80 or even at 80.tyvm. however, i have to try. i did world and group event bounty bosses with a little difficulty in public groups. if i can't, i will take your advise.tbh - when i did my human personal story, i feel your pain due to imo the ridiculous difficulty i had with any class at lvl 10-11. find and rescuing lord faren with mobs of 3-4 npcs cornering you are dodging at this point is useless and self healing is at it's minimum. it felt imbalanced.

No no...no! Go and try the dungeons on the level intended. Catacombs -lvl30 story, lvl 35 - explorable mode. Its cool, but be prepare for a long wait till you find people.

Archived