Desperately need new game mode

LaFurion.3167

I think all players that have played Gw2, and even newcomers to the game can all agree fairly quickly that Gw2 desperately needs a new game mode.

Conquest isn't bad, but its literally been the same 4 or 5 maps, circle holding, for SIX years. no texture updates or anything updates, just... the same thing....

Conquest is well and fun. It's good that there is a system and ladder in place for it (albiet very small because of low player population.

WvW is a bit of an odd one. The large zerging around the map is interesting, but from experience it becomes VERY boring just "pirate shipping" other zergs when you see them, otherwise just taking the same keeps and camps that we have been taking for again, 6 years. The fact that people have had to create their own "niche" thing in wvw, dueling, clearly outlines this problem.

Going in to conquest or heart of the mists or guild halls is very limiting on which opponents you can fight etc.

Gw2 combat system is probably the best of any mmo, its super fluid and engaging. It is just wasted, left to rot in the boring conquest map that have been out for so long.

The first 2v2 arena map was not put into a ladder, or anything, which basically left it to rot. I really hope that a new pvp mode will come, be it 2v2 or 3v3. I have seen another forum thread that mentioned a 3v3v3, but I think this would open the potential for griefing in which 2 teams just annihilate the biggest threat then proceed to have a 3v3. Who knows though.

The only thing for certain is that Arenanet could maintain and even bring in a huge player base with a new pvp game mode! And im not talking about a crappy wvw or shoddily thought out 2v2 that is left off of the rotation. I mean a full new game mode. 2v2 or 3v3 arena, or maybe some sort of solo dueling queueing system in which players would no longer have to go out to wvw and do their own thing instead of participating in the game mode.

Please arenanet! do this. Do any of this... or something else, just add something!

Currently it is amazing that there is no pvp mode in which gear matters and is small scale. WvW duels have arisen because of this (in my opinion), because being able to gear up and fight competitively is a huge enjoyment for a lot of people.

Being able to customise down to individual pieces and create a small team of 2 or 3, in a death match that had a structured ladder would be such a breath of fresh air!

@LaFurion.3167 said:Currently it is amazing that there is no pvp mode in which gear matters and is small scale. WvW duels have arisen because of this (in my opinion), because being able to gear up and fight competitively is a huge enjoyment for a lot of people.

Being able to customise down to individual pieces and create a small team of 2 or 3, in a death match that had a structured ladder would be such a breath of fresh air!

If you'd be able to use your gear (see wvw) you'd see durability runes on just about every class. Hydromancy hitting for 3k due to ascended gear. There's power creep as it is already. Don't make it worse.

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

@"LaFurion.3167" said:Currently it is amazing that there is no pvp mode in which gear matters and is small scale. WvW duels have arisen because of this (in my opinion), because being able to gear up and fight competitively is a huge enjoyment for a lot of people.

Being able to customise down to individual pieces and create a small team of 2 or 3, in a death match that had a
structured ladder
would be such a breath of fresh air!

If you'd be able to use your gear (see wvw) you'd see durability runes on just about every class. Hydromancy hitting for 3k due to ascended gear. There's power creep as it is already. Don't make it worse.

In my opinion it would be easier to deal with this in a small scale structured pvp area like arenas, than in the current wvw blog that literally if you go near you instantly die due to power creep. At least you would have a chance, instead of having 30 conditions bombed on to you from a blob T_T.

Also if a rune is broken in a NEW pvp game mode, anet devs have the ability to alter the effect in said game mode. They do this in pvp currently. "damage reduced by 20% in spvp etc.

Archived