Deimos: Hand Kiter Question

Omnicron.2467

Hi there

I am not super experienced with Deimos even though I have one kill on him, but I was carried for that fight a lot, looked up the fight mechanics again and watched two guides on it and there was a few things I understand now which I did not get from the explaination from the squad when I did it. One thing in particular is what a hand kiter is and does. What I am still unsure of is whether anything changes for the hand kiter between ranged or melee strategy?

I looked at Snowcrows and saw Herald is your meta hand kiter and I can see why, but I was wondering what other professions can fill this role? I mean I Firebrand seems quite viable to me? fair amount of healing and blocks and sceptre might have enough range? Other option might be Tempest? Scrapper could also probably work? If you did run one of these would you need healing gear or could you do it on your dps gear? I just found that Soulbeast and Scrapper are the alternative, saw some text on Snowcraws I missed last night

Final thing I just want to check, with Ranged strategy the Chronotank kites the black goo I think? but on Melee strategy who is responsible for it?

The handkiter kites the red fields (with hands in it, the source of the name). They appear under the player furthest away from Deimos. They do a lot of damage and Deimos can eat them. For every patch he eats he gets a permanent damage buff. You try to keep them away from the rest of the group.Range or Melee changes nothing for the handkiter.Tempest, Scrapper, Firebrand, Soulbeast work just fine. Herald is not the only one. There was a Dragonhunter kiting it at the raid tournament. Everyone with self substain and a decent block can kite it. Healing gear is recommended especially when you start it.

The tank can't kite the black goo as it targets the nearest player beside the tank. You need another player near Deimos for it. With the melee strat normally a druid tries to get it but you need to move anyway so it doesn't really matter who gets it.

in case if you haven't seen this guidehttp://dulfy.net/2017/02/13/gw2-deimos-raid-boss-guide/

the reason people do melee is, so they can maximise the total dps as much as possible, this however put inexperienced players at risk of stepping on the orange->black circle.. if everyone gets teleported left with only tank and hk on top.. orange->black circle will spawn on hk.. which is another tactic to use as well.. all depends on how a group want to manage mechanic. when tank and black kiter die, it doesn't mean its the end, the next person with higher toughness can take over tanking and someone else can bu hk. :) it will get a bit messy but it is doable.

@"Talindra.4958" said:in case if you haven't seen this guidehttp://dulfy.net/2017/02/13/gw2-deimos-raid-boss-guide/

the reason people do melee is, so they can maximise the total dps as much as possible, this however put inexperienced players at risk of stepping on the orange->black circle.. if everyone gets teleported left with only tank and hk on top.. orange->black circle will spawn on hk.. which is another tactic to use as well.. all depends on how a group want to manage mechanic. when tank and black kiter die, it doesn't mean its the end, the next person with higher toughness can take over tanking and someone else can bu hk. :) it will get a bit messy but it is doable.

Thanks so much! I forgot to check Dulfy guide as well, thanks! And thanks for the tips :D

Archived