Sword Rework

Zephyron.7081

I think you're unlikely to see that kind of change specifically. Sword already has a symbol on skill 2, and I doubt they'd take away the symbol from scepter. Also, I think both skills you are talking about already are (or at least are meant to be) DPS skills. Sword 3 is a DPS skill that increases your damage to a single target that also happens to offer projectile mitigation. Just like how scepter 2 is a DPS skill that also happens to offer some might generation. I'd be shocked to see them swap those skills, and I also don't think it'd be a great idea as I actually like sword skill 3. Maybe you feel that the DPS on sword 3 isn't quite high enough and you'd like for it to be buffed? That is potentially a more likely change and one I could get behind.

@Alex.4982 said:I think you're unlikely to see that kind of change specifically. Sword already has a symbol on skill 2, and I doubt they'd take away the symbol from scepter. Also, I think both skills you are talking about already are (or at least are meant to be) DPS skills. Sword 3 is a DPS skill that increases your damage to a single target that also happens to offer projectile mitigation. Just like how scepter 2 is a DPS skill that also happens to offer some might generation. I'd be shocked to see them swap those skills, and I also don't think it'd be a great idea as I actually like sword skill 3. Maybe you feel that the DPS on sword 3 isn't quite high enough and you'd like for it to be buffed? That is potentially a more likely change and one I could get behind.

I would love for sword 3 to be buffed in dps and that would make a difference. I'd be happy with that. I'd also like to see a rework of the sword like what they did to staff. The staff reword is awesome! And so was the focus rework.

Sword already got buffed in DPS recently, and Sword along with Scepter already got reworked when Symbols were added to them a while ago. There is nothing wrong with these weapons in design. They both do a lot of damage, and have their uses. Guardian is the best balanced class out of them all with meta builds in all game modes. If anything I'd add the ability to animation cancel on Sword 3. Keep the damage going, but remove the shield I guess? It would be a good buff for PvE, and allow you to either root yourself in PvP, and take less damage, or animation cancel to do more damage.

Archived