90% Rep Guilds

Shaogin.2679

not all guilds have a rep req, but to answer your question some of them get annoyed if your name is dark yellow instead of bright yellow in the chat ;P which is half true and half joke. most of them don't like people existing in there never talking, so enforcing a rep req tries to get you to give a care about the guild you're in. tries to, anyway.

for a fact that it'll be easier to do events when you see yellow dots on the world map. you could just go hangout, talk, group up and smash things together rather than merely existing.although not all guild ads are the same. just an old ad from us. but i've read lots of guild ads and they're definitely different. a lot different cuz each guild has their own filter and what they want in their guildies.https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/41284/na-pvx-intense-pleasure-mmm-chill-guild-lfm-filthy-casuals-to-insomniacs-new-vet-all-welcome/p1

I think I started it? Maybe, could be. I know there were guilds who literally copied and paste my initial requirements during game launch which I continuously fine tuned over the years.

As for why. The initial reason was because it was single chat. If you don't represent, you can't participate in the chat of that guild. It just doesn't make sense for anyone to join a guild full of non-representing members. No one will interact with you in such a guild even if there are hundreds of them online, simply because they cannot see the chat to participate anything in that guild, they are just like bot.

As for why people still keep the represent thing now. It can be many reasons, not just one reason. I will list a few I could thought of now.

1. Self respect, towards the guild. Be guild pride or whatever. A lot of guilds like to proclaim they don't enforce rep rule but most of them do, they just don't want to get on the bad side of the people who hate rep rule but the fact doesn't change, they do enforce rep and they do kick you if you don't rep. They are not very much different from 90% rep guilds, it just different degree of rep. Of course, this also means false advertising.
  2. More social and more active. There is no scientific poof to this, unless someone is rich enough to hire researchers to do so, people just seems to participate more in the guild they rep most of the time than guilds they don't rep most of the time.
  3. Depends on how much the guild does. PvX guilds in particular try to tackle great majority of the game thus such a guild normally would have high degree of rep. The logic is quite simple. If a PvX guild does pve raid or wvwers and then you don't enforce a very high degree of rep, allowing people to join other guilds for pve raid or wvw, it is quite obvious the activities level will be reduced. This is more so for WvW due to server difference, especially when PvX do recruit across servers which means a low degree of rep will result the guild to house a lot pve players than pvx players (pve because they don't do WvW with your guild, pvx if they do)
  4. Easier to manage. This is especially true for larger guilds. It is much easier for any officers including little to no experience and little playtime to identify literally non-repping members and remove them from the guilds compare to identify players who no longer playing with the guild but still active.
  5. Identity and impression. If you have a lot of people wearing your guild tags around the map, it just leave a mark in people's mind. People will know your guild. This enforce an identity, be it to outsider or your own members. This identity help build a social environment. For outsiders, this identity help promote your guild.

@SkyShroud.2865 said:I think I started it? Maybe, could be. I know there were guilds who literally copied and paste my initial requirements during game launch which I continuously fine tuned over the years.

As for why. The initial reason was because it was single chat. If you don't represent, you can't participate in the chat of that guild. It just doesn't make sense for anyone to join a guild full of non-representing members. No one will interact with you in such a guild even if there are hundreds of them online, simply because they cannot see the chat to participate anything in that guild, they are just like bot.

As for why people still keep the represent thing now. It can be many reasons, not just one reason. I will list a few I could thought of now.

1. Self respect, towards the guild. Be guild pride or whatever. A lot of guilds like to proclaim they don't enforce rep rule but most of them do, they just don't want to get on the bad side of the people who hate rep rule but the fact doesn't change, they do enforce rep and they do kick you if you don't rep. They are not very much different from 90% rep guilds, it just different degree of rep. Of course, this also means false advertising.
  2. More social and more active. There is no scientific poof to this, unless someone is rich enough to hire researchers to do so, people just seems to participate more in the guild they rep most of the time than guilds they don't rep most of the time.
  3. Depends on how much the guild does. PvX guilds in particular try to tackle great majority of the game thus such a guild normally would have high degree of rep. The logic is quite simple. If a PvX guild does pve raid or wvwers and then you don't enforce a very high degree of rep, allowing people to join other guilds for pve raid or wvw, it is quite obvious the activities level will be reduced. This is more so for WvW due to server difference, especially when PvX do recruit across servers which means a low degree of rep will result the guild to house a lot pve players than pvx players (pve because they don't do WvW with your guild, pvx if they do)
  4. Easier to manage. This is especially true for larger guilds. It is much easier for any officers including little to no experience and little playtime to identify literally non-repping members and remove them from the guilds compare to identify players who no longer playing with the guild but still active.
  5. Identity and impression. If you have a lot of people wearing your guild tags around the map, it just leave a mark in people's mind. People will know your guild. This enforce an identity, be it to outsider or your own members. This identity help build a social environment. For outsiders, this identity help promote your guild.

Very insightful, especially point 3. Makes sense these larger PvX guilds would want their guilds doing events with them and not others.

Archived