I would be happier with the concept of alliances if....

Tomahawk.7361

1) The alliance guild size was smaller than 500. The larger the alliance guild size, the more stifling the challenge and variety is. I don't even know at the rate wvw is dropping off, if people will even be able to fill that 500 cap, and if they did, I doubt you'd find many other groups to fill the other group sets of 500 to any competitive level. I want matchmaking variety, and 500 is just too high. Make it 100. Perfect.

2) This one would never happen, but I'd actually be a fan of more maps with smaller total population caps. I think anet servers and game optimization for super blobbing is only getting worse for people on average anyway (not sure as to why that is, that's just feedback from all my fight mates). I'd love to see a fostering of that 10v10 - 30v30 size fight where not only do things run more smoothly, but combat is infinitely more interesting than the rev/scourge mes pull bombait zZzZzZz meta.

A cap is just a cap. How many 500 man guilds are running around on your server?"More maps" isnt gonna foster smaller engagement, just zoneblobs vs zoneblobs - albeit at smaller caps. If you want smaller fights, objectives need to be cappable by smaller groups and we need to encourage fighting over the whole map. Once towers and keeps become T2/T3 its no longer possible bring anything but zoneblobs against a single objective - preferably when the enemy zerg has left the map.

I would personally like to see the linking to be either permanent or stopped so people can find their happy place on the different servers. I cannot see WvW guilds and Alliances being successful, as their are so many politics in this game and I have seen whole guilds move to other servers regularly. I have joined a few of these, and it just seems so many different ideas of how and when to attack, and also if open fights are better than defending behind a whole array of siege. This causes issues amongst players who want to PPT, or just want to GvG, so their will be no uniformity or cohesion amongst the players. The full zone blobs of linked servers is causing severe skill lag, and it seems we have come full circle 5 -6 years ago where their was mass exit due to the frustration, lag is real, and imo Alliances that dominate will reproduce the exact same frustrations that currently exist

Archived