[Suggestions]ADD giveback mastery rank.

mula.7426

This is referring to mastery point refund in case you spent it on something that you didnt need. But what if you craft a legendary with it then respec? Then you just have to respec into it when crafting a legendary then spec out likewise most of the HoT masteries is useless most of the time and could be respec. I reckon it would just be simpler to change it so you dont need to unlock mastery points instead you just need to gain XP in the associated region i.e. Core Tyria/HoT/PoF.

@"eldrjth.7384" said:This is referring to mastery point refund in case you spent it on something that you didnt need.Then you can earn more mastery points. (There are already a lot of threads that discuss how to do that.)

ANet has said that they don't want to enable refunding of mastery points for a couple of reasons: partly they want this to be about progression (which requires moving forward, not making choices). Further, they don't really want people to earn a minimum amount and then keep swapping depending on what interests them. For example, someone wants to make a legendary, makes one, then decides they want to do fractals, then wants to do another legendary.

I reckon it would just be simpler to change it so you dont need to unlock mastery points instead you just need to gain XP in the associated region i.e. Core Tyria/HoT/PoF.I wouldn't call that "simpler" (it's more work for ANet to set that up, for example). Rather it reduces the modest challenge that exists for acquiring enough mastery points. And (again as noted in many other threads), there are plenty of excess points available, so it's possible for anyone to max.

If the OP (or anyone for that matter) is having trouble figuring out which mastery points to tackle next, they can share their API key (privately or publicly) and we can figure out what points they'd be most comfortable tackling next. (I recommending posting as a new thread in Players Helping Players, since there are other folks besides me willing & able to assist.)

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

I wouldn't call that "simpler" (it's more work for ANet to set that up, for example). Rather it reduces the modest challenge that exists for acquiring enough mastery points. And (again as noted in many other threads), there are plenty of excess points available, so it's possible for anyone to max.

It is simpler for the player, especially new or returning players who might have a tough time even figuring out how to get gliding which requires acquiring mastery points then levelling them. They could even make it so each map offers XP towards map specific masteries, like tangled depths with mushroom jumping/gliding and auric basin grinding goes towards exalted masteries etc. I dont see how it would be complicated to implement this seeing as all they would need to do essentially is remove all the mastery point challenges and have player accumulate mastery points every time they level up in the region with the associated masteries.

Its more of a retrospective suggestion btw on how they could of went about gating progress without over complicating things or making it too obscure.

Archived