pvp dishonor bug

I enter the game, match is on timer for 2 minutes to start, my internet connection dropped for 4 seconds, then the game goes black so i restarted it log back in try to enter the match and it does not let me because i got a 15 minutes of dishonor by this, still 2 minutes have not gone by... what is this

i really hope this is a bug and hope it can be fixed really soon becasue it is so unfair to get a 15 minutes of dishonor just becasue your internet connection drops for 4 seconds and the game goes black and you cant enter the match that has not even startet yet....

Some players have; and they received dishonor. The game can not tell the difference between you purposely disconnecting, or not purposely disconnecting.If you so desire, you can find the Dev responses about this issue.

Here is information from Patch Notes, as well:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2014-12-02#Dishonor

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Some players have; and they received dishonor. The game can not tell the difference between you purposely disconnecting, or not purposely disconnecting.If you so desire, you can find the Dev responses about this issue.

Here is information from Patch Notes, as well:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2014-12-02#Dishonor

I know that but before the match even start, and it does not let me rejoin to play the match?Im ok getting 5 mins dishonor scaling up for every dc in the middle of the match like halfway or for not playing a whole match, but before the match even start 15minutes of dishonor and can't get back in for that match seems really dumb if its not a bug.

@Linken.6345 said:The moment you get into the spvp arena the match in the game minds have started.It dont matter if you dc at the start or the end of the whole match prematch timer and all.

That is not true.

If you DC in the middle of a match there is no issue with rejoining. In fact you don't have any other choice besides not logging in. If you DC during a match rejoining is how you avoid getting dishonor.

@"Brokensunday.4098" said:I enter the game, match is on timer for 2 minutes to start, my internet connection dropped for 4 seconds, then the game goes black so i restarted it log back in try to enter the match and it does not let me because i got a 15 minutes of dishonor by this, still 2 minutes have not gone by... what is this

i really hope this is a bug and hope it can be fixed really soon becasue it is so unfair to get a 15 minutes of dishonor just becasue your internet connection drops for 4 seconds and the game goes black and you cant enter the match that has not even startet yet....

This is not quite correct either. The match will start as long as all people present have clicked ready.

The situation you described might count as

Declining or not accepting a match prompt for Ranked Arena or Unranked Arena will result in dishonor and a timeout.

because not accepting the prompt and accepting the prompt then not be present when the match starts is functionally equivalent. well maybe not equivalent if you look at it from the perspective of "I disconnected" but they are equivalent when considered from the perspective of people trying to manipulate matches and what not.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Ok so how does this get rid of the actual acceptance of match not popping up? It doesn't do anything... I queue for match, then later I get dishonor with no acceptance whatever popping up. New account, boosted 80.. just wanna try the PvP out and not being able to even ACCEPT or DECLINE and being punished for it is a tad bit asinine. 

1 hour ago, TheReaper.7685 said:

Ok so how does this get rid of the actual acceptance of match not popping up? It doesn't do anything... I queue for match, then later I get dishonor with no acceptance whatever popping up. New account, boosted 80.. just wanna try the PvP out and not being able to even ACCEPT or DECLINE and being punished for it is a tad bit asinine. 

Why boost your character can be level 2 and no disadvantage at all in spvp.