New PvP meta build?

Dharma.9123

A few days ago I watched Plat 3 EU revenant stremer, and he was using build, what is different from current meta.jyKYGoD.jpgnMWzB6b.jpg

Main difference is Brutality and Drachonic echo traits.j9yzylo.jpg3suGmBR.jpg

After about 80 pvp matches I can say

1. Drachonic Echo is definetly better in teamfights and 1v1, specially against power builds. 10 seconds pulsing protection after Glint ultimate (Legendary Dragon) increase sustain a lot. This is main difference. Damage loss from Forcefull Persistance isnt that big.
  2. Brutality trait feels very strong, but main problem - player have to completely change playstyle. Revenant have to start fight with staff and then change to swords for fast burst. But I can see high potencial if player have high skill -> fast access to quickness in fight is specially good for fast glint ultimate use/burst of strenght combo/jage wing cast. Also much higher success chance for counterattack. Few times was chased by opponent -> swap to swords and then 4/5 skill with quickness is sometimes fast enough to burst before opponent react. Quickness access if good for cleaving

But this is only my opinion. What do you think? It is worth?

© Merquriall

Brutality allows quickness to strip stab, not just the quickness on weapon swap so it's not completely wasted. OP, if you need to strip stab on engagement, you can start in shiro and PT without have to start with staff > s/s swap. The quickness on swap is just icing. For some reason, it does not interact with legend swap. Only weapon swap. I guess this makes sense as that's what is says on the tooltip but every other on-swap effects works with legend swap as well as engi kit/ele attunements. Another case of consistently inconsistent on ANET.

It's inconsistencies like this is why I can't get a "feel" for it and usually just pick up Assassin's Annihilation for the sustain. It amplifies the tired cooldown/energy management because you have to "burn" the weapon swap cooldown in order to get quickness which weakens all the on-swap sigils as their cooldowns overlap with both weapon swap and legend swap. Shuffling legends is one thing, but shuffling weapons to get 3 sec of quickness? Let's leave that gameplay to warriors. "Fixing it" so it works on legend swap would tempt me to use it and I'd like to see it remove protection along with stab. It would give it a bunker buster role that would help it in both PvP and WvW. In it's current state, it's meh.

I'm curious to give Drachonic Echo a more serious look. I didn't use it too much since the rework bug. Good to hear it's working properly.

@Set.7461 said:

I'm curious to give Drachonic Echo a more serious look. I didn't use it too much since the rework bug. Good to hear it's working properly.

Seems like it doesnt work for might stack (burst of strenght faceit) but might stacking never was priorityStab strip have icd 1 sec and almost all builds have 3+ stacks :( It works nice against scourges with 1 stab layer

Drachonic echo is definitely a good choice, I've been running it and the survivability increase is very noticeable. Not sure about brutality, I've played with that and AA but I think AA is the better choice simply because the life siphon adds extra damage and sustain (something rev lacks) I'll give brutality some more playtime and see if my opinion changes but atm I think AA is simply better unless they change the quickness on swap to also affect legend swap.

Draconic Echo isn't a bad trait at all, I've taken it over Forceful Persistence ever since it came out. The boon uptime which has been nerfed so terribly comes back slightly by taking the trait. In WvW it's especially easy to make work since you deal a stupid amount of damage anyway.

Brutality is good as a bunker buster, it's especially good against scourges running Trail of Anguish as the stack of stab is completely neutered and you can land your full CC on the next hit. That said it's generally worse in 1v1s and does not work with legend swap, which is dumb, but understandable. Sigil of Agility has had its uptime nerfed which is likely why you may see some people taking this. If you have a support firebrand or if you're confident enough in your own skill, it's a very good trait.

@Ario.8964 said:Drachonic echo is definitely a good choice, I've been running it and the survivability increase is very noticeable. Not sure about brutality, I've played with that and AA but I think AA is the better choice simply because the life siphon adds extra damage and sustain (something rev lacks) I'll give brutality some more playtime and see if my opinion changes but atm I think AA is simply better unless they change the quickness on swap to also affect legend swap.

I guess technically if you're running Draconic Echos and are using Facet of Nature actively in Shiro for the AoE boonstrip, you'll be retaining some of the siphon that you lost from not taking AA...

I still don't think Brutality's that great though. I feel like anybody who's running enough stab-spam to make me consider it is also going to be packing a fair amount of toughness and is looking to prolong fights--which are both scenarios where the siphon from AA is extra good. I do sometimes like Swift Term if the other team (or who I'm pretty sure I'll be focusing the majority of the match) is looking squishy though. Like in a match where I know I'm going to have to be trying to shut down their Thief or Soulbeast all game. Really it's between the two of them, and they're both so strong they just outshine Brutality hard. Now... Maybe if Brutality also proceed quickness on legend swap like sigils do, it'd be a little more tempting.

Archived