So i was testing out staff thief for open pve and wanted to comment on something,

Axl.8924

I was doing number 2 and 5 to build up lead attacks, and the damage Is still underwhelming compared to reaper damage.Am I doing something wrong? or am I missing something?

Open world daredevil build:Critical strikes 3/2/3 Trickery 2/2/1 Daredevil 2/2/1

Gear:Il admit I don't have full power gear yet because I cannot afford it, but im working on it. I want to first work out what the rotation is like for power staff daredevil.I notice that the number 5 attack does do quite a lot of damage, but im not sure if number 2 does more damage than number 5, since it hits multiple times and builds up lead attack.

Right now im not looking to do raids or fractals, just open world for now on thief for fun and kinda relax atm so I can see what it can do while also maintaining the sustain it can have and farm stuff.

@Axl.8924 said:I just changed to DA im liking it.the whole dealing more dmg to enemies below 50% health is nice.Which one has better sustain you think?

Not much difference between them, but the heal on Mug is nice. If you need more sustain, swap around some utility skills to grab something like Bandit's Defense or even put Dagger Storm as your elite, but DA/CS/DD is definitely the way to go for traits. Use either Sig of Malice or Channeled Vigor for your heal. Sig will give you passive heals with your attacks, but Channeled will give you more dodges if you're having trouble.

Vault is good for attacking 5 mobs at a time of if you can one or two shot the mob with vault. Otherwise, you are better off doing the regular big dick dps rotation.

You should go CS, DA, DrD. You can swap DA to trickery if you need some more utility for some reason (e.g. boons/boon strips). It's pretty comparable to DA in solo play, but a lot worse in group play due to DA gaining +2% damage for every condi on enemy.

If you need sustain, just swap No Quarter for Invigorating Precision (Critical Strikes line). I almost run it all the time in solo play. Burn Signet of Agility and then Channeled Vigor if you really really really need that burst healing.

I think reaper outshines daredevil in solo content because reaper has access to a lot of nice boons, especially quickness, which makes it do a great deal more dps. However, if we put both of these classes into meta comps with all the right boons and buffs, daredevils will do more damage than reaper.

Archived