Trait Life from Death?

frayon.3984

During the last stress test, I went in playing a partial support build, just to give it a go. It was a condi support mix meaning I was using a mixture of vipers and seraphs gear. What I noticed was the trait Life from Death in the blood magic line wasn't triggering because we don't exit shroud. It makes all partial support builds invalid or relying entirely on the trait Transfusion. I am curious if anyone saw the trait actually trigger? I am hoping this one works because I didn't test any of the others which relied on exiting shroud.

@Zero Solstice.9754 said:Scourge with Transfusion is legitimately sweet. It heals everyone around you and yourself included. I didn't run Life From Death because Vampiric Presence tends to have better uptime with Axe/Warhorn and has better range for wider teamplay.

But that doesn't heal based off your healing power for others or even yourself. Where as Life from Death does. I am talking about going on a condi/ healing support build for the necro here. Normally I would run the Vampiric Presence as well because it is that extra damage and heal. Given it doesn't scale though... I suppose theory crafting can wait until PoF is actually out.

I do get where you're coming from though.

@frayon.3984 said:

@Zero Solstice.9754 said:Scourge with Transfusion is legitimately sweet. It heals everyone around you and yourself included. I didn't run Life From Death because Vampiric Presence tends to have better uptime with Axe/Warhorn and has better range for wider teamplay.

But that doesn't heal based off your healing power for others or even yourself. Where as Life from Death does. I am talking about going on a condi/ healing support build for the necro here. Normally I would run the Vampiric Presence as well because it is that extra damage and heal. Given it doesn't scale though... I suppose theory crafting can wait until PoF is actually out.

I do get where you're coming from though.

You're right, Life From Death scales while Vampiric Presence doesn't, and in 1v1 style bunkering I find Life From Death to be the better source of sustain pretty easily. However, when you're playing with a Staff and an Axe from range, and your teammates are classes like Melee-DH, Revenant, and Thief, it becomes very difficult to always get your value out of Life From Death, while Vampiric Presence is stupid easy to upkeep in those situations. Also Vampiric has the benefit of not forcing your cooldowns in inefficient ways, i.e. not needing to use Desert Shroud until you need the stunbreak from Foot in the Grave. You should generally try to avoid frontloading single abilities too hard as it forces too many conflicting decisions to be made with them. In general though it could honestly go either way and comes down to minor variables such as friendly team composition.

@Crinn.7864 said:Pretty sure Vampiric Presence is actually better average healing than Life from Death for all reasonable amounts of healing power.

If you don't stack healing power, this is very true. If you are aiming for a pure healing build (which most likely won't happen) then Life from Death will be better. It is situational and preference of the player.

@Zero Solstice.9754 said:You're right, Life From Death scales while Vampiric Presence doesn't, and in 1v1 style bunkering I find Life From Death to be the better source of sustain pretty easily. However, when you're playing with a Staff and an Axe from range, and your teammates are classes like Melee-DH, Revenant, and Thief, it becomes very difficult to always get your value out of Life From Death, while Vampiric Presence is stupid easy to upkeep in those situations. Also Vampiric has the benefit of not forcing your cooldowns in inefficient ways, i.e. not needing to use Desert Shroud until you need the stunbreak from Foot in the Grave. You should generally try to avoid frontloading single abilities too hard as it forces too many conflicting decisions to be made with them. In general though it could honestly go either way and comes down to minor variables such as friendly team composition.

Very true.

Archived