eotm achievos?

jimmy.9560

I never tried right on reset night, but there might be more players during that time to group up with. Otherwise nearly all the achievements can be soloed.

I recently got all the achievements 2-3 months ago (besides the the three achievements that you need to do 1k+ events - still need those). I used a necro and all but one I was able to solo. Just take your time with the champs, and kite them while using line of sight so they can't beat on you. I started using a staff with the heals it gave, and used minions for most of my dps. I'm not the best necro, so I would guess there are better ways. To get through walls I built a golem at a supply depot and walked around with that. You can waypoint with golem if need to get back to respawn. Some wurmholes, if you control them, can be used to get around quicker too. Use a movement increase skill if you aren't, and you can change it back for dps once you get where you need to go.

It takes a while, but it will take even longer if you look for random people in map. Take friends if you can. It helps to wait until your WvW server is green/red/blue to get the nearby achievements on that map's color near respawn (it's a long run otherwise if you die). If you can get 2 friends (who know PvE basics like CC) it will be cake, and can probably take the whole map, as no one plays EOTM and often those that are just are after achievements and not looking for fights. If traveling by golem with multiple people, one of your friends should share swiftness or superspeed (with warrior) as it will increase travel speed significantly.

The only achievement that was impossible to solo was the one where you needed to stand on the 3 pressure plates. You need 3 people for that. I was able to kill the champ there solo, but you need 3 people for after the champ. I ended up just semi AFKing there and put up a commander tag, and eventually 2 other people came. The airport champ is tough to solo, so I'd recommend taking a friend for that too but it's doable solo. If interested in all of the achievements, the 'blades in the mist, 'some say it's your specialty', and 'resourceful' will take some serious grinding to get done. The aetherblades for 'blades in the mist' are no joke, they hit hard.

A guildy and I went in to do them cause bored, picked up a pug we found too. Did most of them pretty fast except the obvious ones like capture thousands of objectives.

Best way would be a 5 man group of people who need the achievements too so they are not doing nothing. Realistically you will probably just take 1 friend and maybe pickup a pug or 2 if you tag up.

I think the best thing to hope for right now is to hope Anet revitalizes interest in EOTM via new content like creating a new event there, a unique drop/reward there, opening up the pips/tickets option there etc.Similar to how certain dungeons came back to life for a short period after the runes/sigils patch made their unique drops in demand.

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:I think the best thing to hope for right now is to hope Anet revitalizes interest in EOTM via new content like creating a new event there, a unique drop/reward there, opening up the pips/tickets option there etc.Similar to how certain dungeons came back to life for a short period after the runes/sigils patch made their unique drops in demand.

Wouldn’t mind it giving PvE experience to allow leveling. But no pips/tickets.

If the intent is to keep it, allow it to be an introduction to WvW of sorts. The mechanics vary, yes, and the play style tends to be different, but with tweaks it could become the WvW tutorial.

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:I think the best thing to hope for right now is to hope Anet revitalizes interest in EOTM via new content like creating a new event there, a unique drop/reward there, opening up the pips/tickets option there etc.Similar to how certain dungeons came back to life for a short period after the runes/sigils patch made their unique drops in demand.

No...the best way to get the achievements is to go in and do them, not wait for anet to do some magiclal patch so a few people can get them easier than they are already.

Archived