54-59 toons opening loot bags ect?

Hi. Just started running SW for the loot I hear you can get. And after running it a few times I can see how. But im curious about someone telling me about using a lvl 54-59 toon opening the Coin purses, and ect, to maximize the loot potential? Would anyone mind explaining how this works and for what reasons exactly?

The loot, blue and green gear you get from the bags give low level weapons/armor so it will be lower tier materials salvaged from them that are worth more since alot of people just open and salvage on their level 80s.Since you need materials from t2-t4 to make ascended stuff its more valuable.

For those that only have one character to spare to open bags, you can safely use any level from L26 to L59. Although the market varies in which level is best at any given moment, the difference between the highest and lowest values within that range is never more than ~25%, in contrast to L80 which is sometimes 80% less value. For example right now, L53 is valued by that site at 4.11s, L26 at 3.01, & L80 at 1.99 or in percentages, 100%, 73%, 48%.

L53 is most often the top value, but other 'breakpoints' come up often too: L46, L49, and a few others.

tl;dr it's fine to pick one bag opener L26-L59 for your entire GW2 career.I recommend L53, and there are other good choices.

Archived