Human Commoner Regressions

Made a new human commoner (circus just cause I hadn't done it) and textures are missing during cutscenes (shows a checkerboard pattern), one cutscene failed to play anything (blank, had to just keep clicking next). Some later circus arc cutscenes had the checkerboard textures too.

Not sure when this stuff got broken but it's ugly.

@"Skolia.2408" said:Made a new human commoner (circus just cause I hadn't done it) and textures are missing during cutscenes (shows a checkerboard pattern), one cutscene failed to play anything (blank, had to just keep clicking next). Some later circus arc cutscenes had the checkerboard textures too.

Your .dat file has gotten corrupted. It's simple to fix by using of the -repair command line. You can find detailed instructions via the the support link above (then search for "repair") or via /wiki command line.

If you don't do this, you'll see these "broken" textures more and more often, in other parts of the game; it's not specific to the particular story you were in.

(The data file can get corrupted for all sorts of reasons; it happens to quite a lot of people.)

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Skolia.2408" said:Made a new human commoner (circus just cause I hadn't done it) and textures are missing during cutscenes (shows a checkerboard pattern), one cutscene failed to play anything (blank, had to just keep clicking next). Some later circus arc cutscenes had the checkerboard textures too.

Your .dat file has gotten corrupted. It's simple to fix by using of the
-repair
command line. You can find detailed instructions via the the support link above (then search for "repair") or via
/wiki command line

If you don't do this, you'll see these "broken" textures more and more often, in other parts of the game; it's not specific to the particular story you were in.

(The data file can get corrupted for all sorts of reasons; it happens to quite a lot of people.)

Do you think so many players' .dat files were corrupted at the same time? There's quite a few posts/threads on this issue of missing textures in Story cut-scenes (and outside the cutscenes).

Always good to try a -repair whilst awaiting any ArenaNet fixes, though.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Your .dat file has gotten corrupted. It's simple to fix by using of the
-repair
command line. You can find detailed instructions via the the support link above (then search for "repair") or via
/wiki command line

Do you think so many players' .dat files were corrupted at the same time? There's quite a few posts/threads on this issue of missing textures in Story cut-scenes (and outside the cutscenes).

Always good to try a -repair whilst awaiting any ArenaNet fixes, though.

Are there? I hadn't actually noticed (there is a texture related bug posted as "scariest thing I've seen", but I didn't follow the thread, because I thought it was someone just joking around about the common-version of texture mishaps).

It would be an unusual coincidence, if the textures failed for just the one story; a bug due to a dev removing textures by mistake would be more likely.

Archived