Missing / Checkboard character or NPC textures [Merged]

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I consistently experienced this bug during "Victory or Death" part of the storyline as well as on my freshly created Warrior during any of the story dialogues. It seems to be a persistent issue across all characters that occurs since last patch. Tried to repair and that didn't do anything to fix it.

Here are some images of missing character textures in the Personal Story "Getting the Band Back Together: A Spy for a Spy"0e7f7b209d65d36c08669788660ef2ae.jpg

anddb42616d6ad381223865cbe149861149

and7d9d744631e05858a1d3d154ab911250

The bug occurred 4:20-4:30 PM, January 24, 2019. I was in Ascalon / Smokestead / Black Citadel area I think

My character's name is Vhaus, level 28, mesmer, charr and I was not in a group.

On my previous character I had no issues like this during Personal Story (many months ago).

so during the cinematic for A sparkling rescue zojja is well all covered in white and black checkers for some reason it seems only in cinematic only no idea why this is happening i was just taking an alt through story for weekly key and saw this made report in bug thing also posting here kinda creepy way it looks.

edit: seems to effect rest of asura quest line, also started a human alt so one of the soldier that talks to the captain at the inn also was as well in starting thing idk if this is something effected by a recent patch cause i have not key farmed in ages but yeah 2 races i am thinking something is bugged script wise or some code missing from those textures got deleted during a patch.

@"Automaton.2751" said:I've seen someone else had this problem with Councilor Gixx not a few days ago, but I've just had similar in my cutscene with marjory and kasmeer.Wouldn't let me post it as an actual picture so will just have to check the link.gw020_zpsc362tiad.jpg.html

If you use imgur.com (use the Direct Link button in the image display), you can use the image button here and get the image displayed in your post.

Popping here to second the problem. The first time this happened to me was a few nights ago while leveling a new asura. Zojja was missing her textures in every single cut scene, and I remade the character a few times trying different stories, same problem every time. Now, going back thru the norn story, during the opening 'I am norn' movie, the image of Eir was the same. Now, several story chars in the Mikkel story are also missing textures.

https://imgur.com/OtGBTOJ

All the messed up characters look like this. So far, Zojja, Eir, Nollar, and 'Son of Svanir' in another cutscene were bugged.

FYI I wanted to see if this issue was in my game files being corrupted somehow, or on the client's side. So I first performed a client repair. That did not solve the issue. As a second attempt I did a full uninstall and reinstall. This also did not solve the issue. I am hoping we get some sort of issue resolution or response soon because this is annoying. As someone who really enjoys lore in games this is kind of immersion breaking.

i been seeing this too in my cut scenes in story lines ,, zoija looks very weird checkered lol ,,, glad its not just me. i don't think this is so much a pc related issue as it is a patch related issue ,,, Ill be more specific i started a new character and its doing this in low level stuff as well so far its been zoija in the cutscene talks and i think another character as well in cut scene talks as others have said in game play the characters are fine.

Here's a few screenshots I took.

https://imgur.com/eES7it8

3 of those are from Tangled Paths: Into the Labyrinth. 2 different characters. I've ran it on 5 different characters, each one had the same bug.The Hero screen one (in Mistlock Sanctuary) is simply opening the Hero menu and selecting Miniatures. I've seen this happen quite often. The checkered texture (or lack of a texture whatever) fixes itself if I switch the current mini and then back to it.

I've also seen this happen in personal story, during the Vigil intro cutscene (someone else posted a screenshot and it's identical to what I had) and during Kellach's Attack (one of the unskippable cutscenes), but I forgot to take screenshots there.

Edit: The bug is really recent. I think it started once we got the invisible mobs fix for fractals, or maybe I'm wrong. Either way, it's a week or 2 old.

50921733_10155886467851781_3334225713665This is an image of Romke all checkered in "Romke's Final Voyage" episode of the Personal Story (Core game). I'll be adding more with Zojja, who is a frequent offender, in the next post.

Me:Charr, Male, EngineerWhere/When:Cut scenes with Romke in Romke's Final Voyage story.Problem:Romke is a checkerboard.When:23 January 2019, 22:25 Eastern Time

Archived