Backbreaker 14- Hammer Herald- WvW (Vid)

Justine.6351

Finally made the change from Strength to Scholar Runes. Was a long time coming since it is stupid easy to generate might. I have stopped upkeeping Facet of Strength in favor of Facet of Light which frees up a pip for passive energy regen and hopefully will save me from surprise cc spikes. I also swapped Leeching to Geomancy Sigil on staff for a better aoe swap burst.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQJASmnvN2gS6JvQRVlbosryPUYW5IKYs8EllNFiNMp5N2DsgPsNAHYBA-jlCBABlfBAwa/R5HHHCBAOgAdcACOTJYlq/oxRAIgHEQe6aWHcAM2YJ2YJ2YjN2xGbsxGbsGQsxGbsxGbsxGbsSBonkN-w

vid is 1vX and XvX mix,

@Khailyn.6248 said:While I still believe that Hammer needs a damage nerf, I liked the video. Had a lot of good fights and truly timeless music. Wish I was half as good at Rev.

A lot of people believe that but a lot of people don't appreciate just how slow hammer is and how easy the skills are to miss targets before blocks/evades/invulnerables/blinds. You cannot land CoR on a target running at an angle towards or away from you and thats only if the Cascade properly navigates the terrain. People still eat Drop the Hammer in 1v1 when it's used as an opener. It's sad a skill with such a huge animation and cast time is facetanked by so many people. Maybe anet should stop giving revs, as a whole, more damage through things like increased might power, burst of strength type modifiers and such.

@Justine.6351 said:

@Khailyn.6248 said:While I still believe that Hammer needs a damage nerf, I liked the video. Had a lot of good fights and truly timeless music. Wish I was half as good at Rev.

A lot of people believe that but a lot of people don't appreciate just how slow hammer is and how easy the skills are to miss targets before blocks/evades/invulnerables/blinds. You cannot land CoR on a target running at an angle towards or away from you and thats only if the Cascade properly navigates the terrain. People still eat Drop the Hammer in 1v1 when it's used as an opener. It's sad a skill with such a huge animation and cast time is facetanked by so many people. Maybe anet should stop giving revs, as a whole, more damage through things like increased might power, burst of strength type modifiers and such.

yea, youre prolly right about that. After watching a few of your videos I was curious, is there a reason to use swords in wvw instead of staff?

@Khailyn.6248 said:

yea, youre prolly right about that. After watching a few of your videos I was curious, is there a reason to use swords in wvw instead of staff?

Sword/Sword is better at killing single targets I would imagine. But ya I wouldn't give up staff to kill single targets better when I can just staff aa + io.

@Justine.6351 said:

Sword/Sword is better at killing single targets I would imagine. But ya I wouldn't give up staff to kill single targets better when I can just staff aa + io.

alright. ty for your advice.

@"Khailyn.6248" said:While I still believe that Hammer needs a damage nerf, I liked the video. Had a lot of good fights and truly timeless music. Wish I was half as good at Rev.

In groups yes, hammer could stand to see some nerfs, or at least adjustments. Solo or with a few friends, it's far from in need of any nerfs. All the skills are incredibly slow, the auto attack cancels more easily than Ranger longbow auto if you move too far to the side and it's main damage dealing skill is only significant at range.

I wouldn't necessarily call it "skillful" to use it successfully while solo, but I will say that it takes a lot of practice learning how to position yourself to maximize kiting potential and damage avoidance. The hammer itself is easy, efficient use of it is not.

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

@"Khailyn.6248" said:While I still believe that Hammer needs a damage nerf, I liked the video. Had a lot of good fights and truly timeless music. Wish I was half as good at Rev.

In groups yes, hammer could stand to see some nerfs, or at least adjustments. Solo or with a few friends, it's far from in need of any nerfs. All the skills are incredibly slow, the auto attack cancels more easily than Ranger longbow auto if you move too far to the side and it's main damage dealing skill is only significant at range.

I wouldn't necessarily call it "skillful" to use it successfully while solo, but I will say that it takes a lot of practice learning how to position yourself to maximize kiting potential and damage avoidance. The hammer itself is easy, efficient use of it is not.

Yeah and before those damage nerfs happen maybe they could make CoR not a garbage Cascade. There are times when my CoR just simply travels through people cleanly without even touching them because the gaps are so huge. Or those CoR that shoot sideways because of terrain. Somebody reflecting your hammer bolts? Good luck trying to stow your weapon because it ain't going to happen without eating 2 of your own hammer bolts. I don't know why it just won't stow hammer aa. Got warded by an enemy? Pray your allies put stability on you because your phase smash touching that ward will cause it to cancel. Hey great projectile shield, oh why I still taking pewpew damage oh the soulbeast are using unblockable ok I infuse light oh nevermind they onewolf packed me and I already dead in a second. Oh nice a ranged knockdown. Oh it missed because like CoR people just need to walk out of it's animation.

If they want to nerf rev damage they need to stop adding it with every update first.

Archived