The precursor Legend - Trading Post vs. Crafting

Totite.6543

I'm on the way to have my first legendary The Bifrost. I complete the Legend Experiment then I found the Trading Post offers 496 gold for the precursor Legend. How is it possible? The Crafting process so far took, roughly, 250 gold plus the time gated refinement components. Did I miss something?

@Khisanth.2948 said:Not sure what you are trying to ask. Most precursors are cheaper to buy than to craft. They exist as random drops and have been around since launch so there is some degree market saturation.

Well then I am real newbie dumb to do crafting instead of buying from TP. How can I undo the process the get some gold from the Legend Experiment?

@Totite.6543 said:

@Khisanth.2948 said:Not sure what you are trying to ask. Most precursors are cheaper to buy than to craft. They exist as random drops and have been around since launch so there is some degree market saturation.

Well then I am real newbie dumb to do crafting instead of buying from TP. How can I undo the process the get some gold from the Legend Experiment?

There isn't really any way to undo.

You could try support I guess but that probably won't work either since the crafting process unlocks some skin(s) even if they are awful ones.

At least the difference between buying and crafting isn't too huge like with some of the other weapons. There have been times where the difference is basically the same as the total cost of The Legend.

That would depend on your definition of much.

For example with the worst offender at the moment, The Lover. You can buy it for 200g or or craft it for 667g. That is a difference of of 467g. You could sell all the materials used in the crafting process then use that to buy two and still have gold left over.

For The Legend the difference is between 21g and 62g.

As for fun ... https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vial_of_Manganese_Dioxide =_=

@"Khisanth.2948" said:That would depend on your definition of much.

For example with the worst offender at the moment, The Lover. You can buy it for 200g or or craft it for 667g. That is a difference of of 467g. You could sell all the materials used in the crafting process then use that to buy two and still have gold left over.

For The Legend the difference is between 21g and 62g.

As for fun ... https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vial_of_Manganese_Dioxide =_=

"As for fun ... https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vial_of_Manganese_Dioxide =_=" it's by far the most annoying thing i've ever encountered in a crafting process..i mean i did it with 6 characters with boosters and mounts, and it took me almost 3 days, i selled my legend after that.. i mean.. all that effort almost for nothing... and i did change even my main after that.. haha kinda trauma for me e.e

anet may have increased the drop rate, i got nothing for the past couple of years, then for the past 12 months i suddenly getting a lot of precusors

Mystic Toilet = Chaos Gun, Tooth of Frostfang, Leaf of KudzuWvW = Energizer, Rodgort's FlameAB Chest = Dusk

Archived