Hi all returning player

Rain.6375

GW2 got two expansions between 2015-2019 so there is a lot to do in game. There are also two Seasons of Story to play and GW2's community is very much alive and better than ever.

Create a new character if you need to refresh how core GW2 works, then slowely explore the content of two expansions. Its a lot to do in this game now and dont push yourself, its not as tangled as WoW, in contrary, its very simple.

WvW and PvP is very enjoyable, there are toxic people, but overall its good. :)

@Rain.6375 said:Hi all im a returning player last time i played was back in 2014, yepp long long ago ive been quiting wow recently and felt i needed something to do while my daughter sleeps and wife is at work. How is the community these days? :)

If you just do PvE, the community is the same. If you do high level fractals and/or raids your experience will be mixed. This includes sPvP as well.

Quite a bit has changed including how the classes even work. Aside from the new elite specs introduced in the expansions you also have reworked trait lines so if you think you know your class, chances are you probably don't. Or at least not as well as you used to. As someone else said, start a new toon if you have an open slot and start getting your feet wet again, or start tooling around in lower level maps at least until you get your "sea legs" back. Community is still the same good and bad and everything in between. There have been some key QoL updates like opening stacks of bags at once and salvage all type things that will make your life a little easier. Also more things added to bank storage so you might want to spend some time doing inventory at the bank and see what you can now deposit. Not sure if you were here for the wardrobe update, but there's that so take a look into there as well.

Ultimately though, don't be afraid to ask questions in map as well. Some of us have no problem answering questions there too.

Archived