Character getting Aura on mount

Zurvan.6724

For about half a year now my Soulbeast is getting randomly a blueish aura when mounting. I don't know its a bug or if I just missing something.

The things I know:

• It does not depent on which map I am nor if I was infight or not a few seconds ago.
  • It disappears as soon as I change my appearence on the mount. (Hiding an armorpiece is enough.)
  • It pops up on every mount.
  • I have no influence wether the aura appaers on mounting or not.
  • I changed my whole skillset with no change whatsoever...
  • It seems only to appear on my Charr Soulbeast.
  • Others also see that cursed aura. So it's no local bug.

Armorset:Helm: [Exotic] Berserker T3 Culture with Superior Rune of RangerShoulders: [Exotic] Berserker T3 Culture with Superior Rune of RangerCoat: [Exotic] Berserker T3 Culture with Superior Rune of RangerGloves: [Exotic] Berserker T3 Culture with Superior Rune of RangerLeggins: [Exotic] Berserker T3 Culture with Superior Rune of RangerBoots: [Exotic] Berserker T3 Culture with Superior Rune of Ranger

Greatsword: [Exotic] Berserker Tenebrous Greatsword // Superior Rune of Force, Superior Rune of FrailtyLongbow: [Ascended] Berserker Ydalir // Superior Rune of Force , Superior Rune of Accuracy

Back: [Exotic] Hawk Wings Backpack, no slots usedAmulet: [Ascended] Berserker, Karma infusionEarrings: [Exotic] 2x Ruby Orichalcum Earring with exquisit ruby jewelRings: [Exotic] 2x Opal Orichalcum Ring with exquisit ruby jewel

I really want to get rid of it. Has anyone an idea?

https://ibb.co/nbnbRsf

This GreatSword has an effect described the same way as the screenshoot. Sadly I don't have the skin to test myself.

As noted in the Wiki for the Tenebrous Greatsword

The blade emits faint white sparks and purple-black smoke when wielded. The black parts are slightly translucent.

For further test, please unequip the sword completely, as well as any other "Tenebrous" skin, and test again.

Also, I have no idea on what infusions you are using. Make sure to remove/test any equipment that has any sort of upgrade.

@"SoulSin.5682" said:This GreatSword has an effect described the same way as the screenshoot. Sadly I don't have the skin to test myself.

As noted in the Wiki for the Tenebrous Greatsword

The blade emits faint white sparks and purple-black smoke when wielded. The black parts are slightly translucent.

For further test, please unequip the sword completely, as well as any other "Tenebrous" skin, and test again.

Also, I have no idea on what infusions you are using. Make sure to remove/test any equipment that has any sort of upgrade.

I own a Tenebrous Weapon and the effect shown in the screenshot ain’t it. The smoke it emits is very very faint and limited to the weapon itself.

EDIT: I've just done the Story 'Down the Hatch' on an alt, and during it, you end up in a drinking competition with pirates, and I gained this blue aura for a second or two every time I drank something. Going to test with other beverages to see if this can bug out while mounting mid drink.OP, are you consuming anything while mounted?

No the drinking with the pirates have nothing to do with it. I had no problem to get the aura even in the guildhall.

I've tested some more stuff after I realized that I forgot the existence of underwater gear.And voilà: The cause of the unwanted aura was an exotic weapon with the skin of Kamohoali'i Kotaki. I now changed the skin and for two days no aura appeared so far.

I think the problem is "fixed". (I speak with you, ArenaNet. That's a bug...) Nevertheless thanks for your effort and ideas.

@Danikat.8537 said:Oh that's weird. So your underwater weapon aura was appearing on land, but only when you're on a mount? That's a weird bug.

Not uncommon. It can happen with a couple of Legendaries. I get my Quip aura when mounting with my other weaponset active. It also happens with Bolt and Eternity auras.Glad you sussed it op, I didn’t think it could be a Legendary aura as I’ve not made an underwater Legendary. Guess I was wrong :lol:

Archived