I need help with a Gliding problem. I seem to drop faster than others while gliding. Sugestions?

mtnbikerbob.1806

I have been gliding for quite a while now but I keep running into situations where I can't reach certain Mastery locations or parts of jumping puzzles because I appear to be losing elevation faster than others while gliding. This happens to me with all of my characters. In many locations I'll watch someone just jump and glide to a ledge, I'll try to imitate their jump but will glide in below the ledge. I found I can sometimes gain a fraction of height by taking a running jump but it isn't always enough. I also notice I will hit the ground much sooner than others while running around in groups jumping off ledges. I have all 6 gliding masteries.

Does anyone have any suggestions and has anyone else experienced this?

It took me ages to work this out. For some reason I got it into my head that leaning forward was like a fast-forward, so you'd glide faster but also drop faster, and that made me avoid using it unless I needed the speed. It took a long time to break myself out of that thinking and accept that it actually allowed me to glide further. But once I figured it out it did make a huge difference.

@therapite.3645 said:It took me ages to learn that you can push forward and then when your stamina runs out you don't just fall to your death. You go back to regular gliding again once your fast gliding runs out, which is amazing and very appreciated (thank you devs!). So that will help too, once you have that as well.

I had no idea that this was a thing. I always stop my fast gliding right before zeroing out the stamina bar. I have got to try this!

@BlueIce.6951 said:

@therapite.3645 said:It took me ages to learn that you can push forward and then when your stamina runs out you don't just fall to your death. You go back to regular gliding again once your fast gliding runs out, which is amazing and very appreciated (thank you devs!). So that will help too, once you have that as well.

I had no idea that this was a thing. I always stop my fast gliding right before zeroing out the stamina bar. I have got to try this!

Yeah, the only time you'll need to stop gliding is if you don't have advanced gliding unlocked. Once you do, if your stamina is depleted you'll revert to standard speed instead of your glider dropping.

Archived