Profession specific ranked titles

Shroud.2307

Eg.Phantom God

Immortal Shadow

Merciless Paragon

Unyielding HunterEtc.

By winning certain placements in ranked, you unlock both the standard title + the title for the profession you played the most of that season. Such as, let's say you win Relentless Legend and you were primarily a Revenant, you would also unlock Relentless Ritualist.

I realize this is kinda silly but, it would be something else for players to work towards.

@"Manakel Angel.1047" said:for elementalist it would be eternal carpet

Merciless Shatterstone.

I like the idea. No more advice from "ima top mes lol git gud" while you nuke them as staff ele (sorry, also include scourge, soulbeast, firebrands of course). And more class-specific titles are always cool to show favourites.

I'm glad people like the idea. Profession specific titles are something I personally really enjoy. Long ago, pre-HoT, I used to do a lot of PvP and one of my goals was to get titles for all of my favorite professions (which I got, and those being; Phantom/Hunter/Legionnaire/Genius).

I love my Necro above all else however and although I've only done a little PvP here and there since PoF, I would go full tryhard to get a new title for my Necro. If others like this idea, I could see it being a good incentive for more people to play.

Also I was re-thinking the rank #1 title and maybe something more like "God of Shadows" would sound better than having it how I listed in the OP. Because I think some titles like Illusionist God or Paragon God might sound a little awkward that way, lol.

Agree we would need such titles, these would be a must for PvP to at least truly reflect player experience.

That being said, such titles existed in GW1 and did also exist on GW2 at begin, since ranks were really long to reach, plus you had specific armor skins and specific emotes.You could easily notice that one player could have played 1000 matchs versus someone who had played 10.

Now that emotes, titles, and skins hold literraly no value, there is no way to differenciate a beginner that reached gold 1 after placement than the average veteran joe that played 1500 games, and that's what lacks. There should be a revamp on titles/emotes, but since it existed in the past, i'm not sure it will be done..

Archived