power renegade gear question

KoalaGB.6748

I use shiro/mallyx with s/s and sb and wear full berserker gear right now. I know it's not optimal or meta but i really enjoy the way everything plays w/ shortbow and it feels better than herald. I was wondering how grieving stats would work on it instead of berserkers. I've searched and it only says its worse than condi and only should be played in wvw where condi cleanse negates duration. How does it compare to a full berserker's setup though? i just thought all the condis from sb and mallyx wasn't really being used to it's full potential and you do get alot of crit chance going renegade so it would be better than pure zerkers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Any result you'd see from doing this would depend mostly on how you monopolize your time in combat and what content you're doing.

Basically every piece of Grieving you add will increase the damage you're doing with short bow or in mallyx, but decrease the damage you're doing with Swords and Shiro. If you split time equally between the stances/weapons, this will probably end up being a dps decrease, since short bow also has a power component and condi damage alone doesn't scale particularly well with condi builds. However, if you are finding that you do camp short bow most of the time, it would probably be a dps increase, but at that point you might as well think about adding Vipers instead, since Condi Damage without Condi Duration does little to scale your dps.

While what people told you about Grieving being "for WvW where cleanse counters duration," is absolutely true, it's also alright for open world stuff, since the mobs have smaller hp pools and die quickly. If that's the only type of content that you're interested in, you'll probably have a pretty enjoyable time with a grieving build. But if you also are looking to do more involved content, you're really going to want to leave hybrid builds behind and either bring the Expertise, or just go full Zerk.

Archived