Black Lion Special Mount Selection Request, sorta

So, it contains a choice of Istani, Desert, or Distant.... OR a random of the new exotics... but, no choice from the original, first pool of Adoptions? bit of a huge missed opportunity.. i get that theres never been a Select version of that, and possibly never will be, but if you had bundled it into this, im sure a lot more people would have grabbed it, just for the opportunity to get a specific one out of that huge pool of 30 mount skins. all I want from it, personally, is the Starbound Griffon, and I cant even try to gamble on it since the license hasnt been available in a while.

I'd love for them to offer a select licence for the original 30 skins. Especially since I actually want less of them now than I did when they were first released - it was the first time we had skins which looked like the original mounts but with 4 dye channels, and now we've got those in the other packs (or near enough - there still isn't another jackal skin which is exactly the same). I'm happy we got those alternatives, but it means on the rare occasions the original licences come back I'm even less inclined to buy them than I was. Whereas if a select licence was available I'd have bought at least a few of them. (Although then I'd have to choose between continuing my efforts to dye the Iceflow Jackal to look like a lava elemental or giving in and buying the Pyroclast.)

But they did say shortly after it was released they wouldn't make those skins available another way, so as not to devalue them for the people who had to buy large numbers of licences to get the skin/s they wanted. I doubt it would be well received if they went back on that, even now. So I'm just assuming those skins will never be available to me and focusing on the ones which are available.

@SakuraJD.4720 said:wait, im not sure i follow.. never as in never, never? like i will never have a chance to get the Starbound ever again? or just never as a Select?

Never as a select license, it'll be rng gambling only (I'm sure the rng licenses have come back to the store a few times since). I still would rather go without than gamble though, especially for just one skin. I see their logic on not wanting to revert to select licenses to avoid upsetting people, but at the same time in any retail industry prices/deals/how things are offered are always being altered, so I don't see why anyone should be upset if select licenses became available after this length of time.

@killermanjaro.5670 said:

@SakuraJD.4720 said:wait, im not sure i follow.. never as in never, never? like i will never have a chance to get the Starbound ever again? or just never as a Select?

Never as a select license, it'll be rng gambling only (I'm sure the rng licenses have come back to the store a few times since). I still would rather go without than gamble though, especially for just one skin. I see their logic on not wanting to revert to select licenses to avoid upsetting people, but at the same time in any retail industry prices/deals/how things are offered are always being altered, so I don't see why anyone should be upset if select licenses became available after this length of time.

Yeah, I meant never available to me, because I won't buy the random licences, so if that's the only way to get a skin then it's not available for me. I'm sure the original adoption licences will return at some point so if you're willing to gamble for it (or buy 30 licences) then you will be able to get it eventually.

@Danikat.8537 said:

Yeah, I meant never available
to me
, because I won't buy the random licences, so if that's the only way to get a skin then it's not available for me. I'm sure the original adoption licences will return at some point so if you're willing to gamble for it (or buy 30 licences) then you will be able to get it eventually.

I'm the same, while it's random licences only that effectively excludes me from getting the couple of skins in that set which I actually like. A self-exclusion due to not being willing to waste money/gold gambling for them.

@killermanjaro.5670 said:

Yeah, I meant never available
to me
, because I won't buy the random licences, so if that's the only way to get a skin then it's not available for me. I'm sure the original adoption licences will return at some point so if you're willing to gamble for it (or buy 30 licences) then you will be able to get it eventually.

I'm the same, while it's random licences only that effectively excludes me from getting the couple of skins in that set which I actually like. A self-exclusion due to not being willing to waste money/gold gambling for them.

well we both agree there then.. which is part of the reason why i bought the War Eternal thing. I thought i'd be able to get the Starbound Griffon, mostly because i forgot where it came from.. but now finding out what i did.. yeah, wish this had a way to select one of the original 30. like as a nice premium bonus.

Archived