Follow Ruka (Prized Possessions - HoT)

For the life of me I can't even get up that first darn cliff following Ruka without getting killed for the umpteenth time. Worst thing is you can't see where you are or where you have to go.

Would be grateful for any tips or advice. I am trying to learn and am usually very persistent but this is almost making me give up on this storyline altogether!

Watching

might help. Using skill 2 to rush over to the base of the cliffs will give you a head start, and it looks like once you're on the first ledge (at 10:40) you're safe and you can take your time figuring out a route up the rest of the cliff. After that it's mostly a case of using skill 3 for the big jumps, and occasionally using skill 2 to break through the vine wall and speed you across open ground.

I think you can actually open your glider mid-way through the skill 3 jumps, if you need to avoid the falling damage that sometimes comes from it. For the last part (after "do you have a glider?"), I'm not sure but if you don't have advanced gliding I think you might have to jump (using skill 3) onto the rocks on the right-hand wall to get closer to the point you need to glide to.

@Skara.7409 said:Worst thing is you can't see where you are or where you have to go.

I'm not sure what you mean by this - you can see on the map where you're supposed to be heading next, although the exact route to take isn't always obvious.

Finally managed to get through this and the following dash to the end, with minimal health to spare and down to the underwear!

Ended up somehow climbing the cliff to the left of where I should have, then managed to glide back to Ruka.

When I said I can't see where I am or where to go, I meant when you are right up against a cliff or rock and panning camera round everything looks a blur...all the while getting fried!

Just because you had trouble with the cliff doesn't mean you can't solo the finale. :) Don't be discouraged. Those are completely different concepts.For me, Ruka's instance was also the one that had me running through the jungle in underwear afterwards on the first playthrough. I also couldn't figure out the path and - as a returning player after a 3 years break - the mechanics were completely new to me. Other players might have recognized the egg's skills from using the crystals in Dry Top and at the Summer Festival, but I had missed all of that, so... yeah. ^^ Much fun.

Still, I did solo the final battle on the same character and without breaking equipment. I'm not sure if it's possible on ele and thief right now, but all in all it's just a very unforgiving battle. No pathfinding involved. :)

• 4 years later...

Oh it works, after you die 50 times trying to figure it out. 

It's training for how to use the flying / gliding skills.

Training should *not* require dying over and over, hence broken.

If there were proper flying training before this quest, it might be fun.

Edited by Duligraws.8214
clarity
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Back when HoT was released I died like 3 times there. So I am more inclined to think that it is a matter of personal skill more than anything else. 

And training for what. How to press space button when falling or how to use zephyrite skills that are scattered over whole Dry Top and Four winds festival.

Edited by Biziut.3594
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1