Mystic Infusion! Help

Hello community, I would like to know with more precision how can the Mystic Infusion be dropped from the mystic forged. According to the wiki it says you can use 3 rare/exotic armor or weapons and 1 ectoplasmic stone, altho it says "not verified" . Now before wasting my ectoplasms into unknown recipes, can we know which is the real recipe? I mean, do the armors work at all? Do they have to be 76-80 as level as with precursors forging, and same with weapons? And what about rare items? I would need to have more information about this, if anyone knows or had experience with getting one infusion would be awesome, but even better if some DEV could clarify this doubt for us. Thanks in advance =)

Well, if one never tries will never know. In any case, that's not my plan. But since I have been throwing all my gw2 life exotic weapons in the mystic forge since i prefer to get a chance at a precursor than selling them for a gold on the tp, I wanna keep doing this sporadically, but with the new ectoplasmic stone, and not with the mystic forge stones anymore as with the new recipe you can still get a precursos apparently, and also a chance at the infusion. Hence my post, as i would like to know what exactly works; for example I want to know if exotic armors work in the recipe. This is important to know, regardless one person is going to hard gamble with those, or just give it a try once twice per day with the exotic drops you get like me.