[pvp] condi chrono - the borkening

Stand The Wall.6987

alright, so obviously building up 3 illusions can be a hassle or outright impossible vs some classes. with some clever positioning and timing tho it works out ok.

so heres what I came up with:

condi chronohttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAW7en0nBlphVoBOoBEgilmjquQX0J9cAKgAA9C6nJD-jJRHAB9s/w3lBE4iAAwTAAA

so with 3 clones, rewinder gets put on a 5 sec cd applying 6 confusion, and with perma quickness (plus a lot of alacrity) and scepter spam you can rebuild your 3 clones in 4.5 seconds. this is broken. we can switch inspiration for dueling to amp this up to 12 stacks (can just about but not quite maintain 12 with maxed condi duration). with illusionary reversion + shatter storm, you use rewinder then split second right after to maximize restorative illusions. all heals from build totaled up equals about 1200 hps. its so broken lol. you can switch to whatever amulet you want, but the condi duration really helps in longer fights with all of the weakness, slow, cripple and damaging condis you will apply. sages adds good sustain but you lose out on so much condi duration. you really don't have to worry about cleansing since you will reapply your condis so often, and when they run out of cd's it adds to finishing power, or if try to wait the confusion off they are in for a surprise lol.

condi chrono dueling varianthttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAW7en0nBlphVoBGpBEgilZjqMAqtcrOX/1jFdJipjD-jJRHABCcRAef/BAeCAfXGAA

you can switch out doom sigil for max confusion duration which is kinda meme-ish but funny. I really do suggest heal mantra as it provides massive healing, way better then anything else mesmer has. you will have perma quickness pretty much so the casting time isn't much of a problem.

pretty sure this will get nerfed. I suggest the rewinder cd reduction per clone get nerfed from 5 sec to 3. this will put rewinder on a 10sec cd, which would make using shatter storm redundant, making the restorative illusions combo a lot less effective.

I think split second is a cool idea. its almost there but doesn't seem to do enough damage with balanced builds. with a zerk build, 12 might, and slow I got split second to do 4k + damage per clone in pvp. on a more balanced build tho, ditching pain mantra might, I barely did 1.5k. I guess this is balanced lol but it seems pretty underwhelming. escape artist / decoy can be nice to setup stealth grav wells if power. also for power rage rune seems nice but I think its bugged right now (fury isn't reapplying). you pretty much gotta ditch gs for power chrono imo.

one thing to note about signet distortion is that vs ranged or basically in most team fight situations your sig of midnight will reveal you. its very annoying, but the stun break plus distort is too good. sig of domination won't strip stab with the trait, which is annoying.

anyway being the baddie that I am I couldn't really utilize this build to its max potential. i'm sure there are far better players out there that can pull off some nasty nonsense.

Actually I tried direct and condi builds since last patch :

• Can't manage to perform on direct builds.
  • Manage to perform on condi builds but at the same level as condi core. I prefer dual weapon : sword/torch, scepter pistol on the duel/illu/chrono build though.
  • On condi build I master of manipulation help much to survive/positionning instead of SoM.

Actually I'm testing some chronotank builds who perform pretty well with signets too. Will give more tests but there is probably a cheesy spot here.

About your builds :

• Heal mantra provide high hps but the heal/clic is not that good considering the recast weakness.
  • Is amno on F1 usefull considering the clone production ?Thanks for sharing btw.

@viquing.8254 said:

• Manage to perform on condi builds but at the same level as condi core.
  • Heal mantra provide high hps but the heal/clic is not that good considering the recast weakness.
  • Is amno on F1 usefull considering the clone production ?

i'm not sure how you can think condi chrono is at the same level as condi core. perhaps in practice chrono isn't as good as it seems since it relies so much on building up illusions, but you can pick your fights wisely and use good positioning to maintain your rewinder spam.

the recast is awesome lol. its another 3k heal. you will most likely have quickness anyways which will bring the cast time down to 1 sec. you should be able to apply plenty of cripple to add some distance if vs melee, and for ranged you gotta either los, stun them, or recast it when you are kiting them in melee. the heals are too good to pass up.

I explained f1 ammo in the post.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

• Manage to perform on condi builds but at the same level as condi core.
  • Is amno on F1 usefull considering the clone production ?

i'm not sure how you can think condi chrono is at the same level as condi core. perhaps in practice chrono isn't as good as it seems since it relies so much on building up illusions, but you can pick your fights wisely and use good positioning to maintain your rewinder spam.

the recast is awesome lol. its another 3k heal. you will most likely have quickness anyways which will bring the cast time down to 1 sec. you should be able to apply plenty of cripple to add some distance if vs melee, and for ranged you gotta either los, stun them, or recast it when you are kiting them in melee. the heals are too good to pass up.

I explained f1 ammo in the post.

I didn't think the ammo worth the investment.Yeah sure the recast on F2 is awesome but in practise, burst and pressure are more reliable in core because of the random aspect of aoe killing illusions. And major part on PvP are about use skill at the right time.I mean chrono can put a better long terme pressure while core can output better bursts.I never see a heal mantra mes in top 100 since, well too long to remember. Again the heal are good in hps term but not in heal/clics. And in many cases it's better to not being hit with mirror on superspeed with master of manipulation than to get more heal but stay on the AOE. That's why I rarely use heal mantra.

@otto.5684 said:I am pretty certain in sPvP fighting competent opponents, you will rarely be able to land a full shatter to begin with.

Though, condi chrono is still better than core condi. But neither is even a remote competitor to mirage.

might not reach high on the leader boards but should anger everyone below p1 at least. pretty sure this build would beat a condi mirage. it wont perform against classes with good aoe sure but vs classes its already good against it will be a guaranteed win.

@otto.5684 said:I am pretty certain in sPvP fighting competent opponents, you will rarely be able to land a full shatter to begin with.

Though, condi chrono is still better than core condi. But neither is even a remote competitor to mirage.

I have to disagree, I came 30th on condi core this season after ~50 games (so no placement luck.) because core have better condi burst than mirage. And manipulation skills = no core mobility weakness.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@viquing.8254 said:snipswell whatever heal works. what do you mean by heal/clics? you should be able to kite while recasting mantra, or if you pressure them enough to force them to kite. with condi duration its easy to build up slow, weakness, and cripple making any mantra recast pretty risk free.

By heal per clic I mean you clic on your keyboard, it heal X amount. to get a full heal from heal mantra, you basically have to clic 3 times. While on other heal you clic and you can concentrate on other things (kitting, comboing etc.).And again getting superspeed to evading the next 4* 4k attacks or having good hps to facetank damage, I think mobility allow to evade more dammage we can heal by mantra.