Rev energy system re-work suggestion

xiev.6905

key words: switching legends depending on the situation > switching to gain energy.

I would like to see basic energy regeneration increases to 10 ( if we switch legends on CD we get extra 50/10= 5 per second). Whenever we switch legends, energy bar does not reset, instead, it goes “inactive”. Yes we need two energy bars, one like what we have now, the other one is greyed out, slightly smaller and displayed underneath of the active energy bar.

10 energy per second so we should always have enough to stay in the same legend, and switch depending on the situations.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:Or we can just use the Energy system from GW1 which is what the Revenant's Energy system was inspired by in the first place. seem simple.

Yes that would work well. But I would rather see two energy bars each for a different purpose. So there are still some sort of limits to increase the game play depth.

For example, I used up all energy for shiro evasions and switch to glint, next time Switching back to Shiro I won’t have immediate evasions available.

Feels like you are channeling different kind of power from different resources.

@messiah.1908 said:

@Justine.6351 said:I'm pretty sure the intention is for you to NOT camp a legend much like an ele should be rotating through attunements.

not that true. each legend has a unique role. jallis sustain, mallyx condition, shiro dmg, dragon team buff, ventari team support

Because for ele the attunements are totally not split up into their seperate roles? It's pretty obvious they intended a similar function to ele only it's you pick and choose.

@Justine.6351 said:

@messiah.1908 said:

@Justine.6351 said:I'm pretty sure the intention is for you to NOT camp a legend much like an ele should be rotating through attunements.

not that true. each legend has a unique role. jallis sustain, mallyx condition, shiro dmg, dragon team buff, ventari team support

Because for ele the attunements are totally not split up into their seperate roles? It's pretty obvious they intended a similar function to ele only it's you pick and choose.

with traits fire also cleanse condition and restore hp , earth focus also cleanse and give immunity, water cleanse and restore hp, air cleanse and restore hpso each attunement still does some roles while revenant dont. resisitance only with mallyxm, dmg only with shiro, sustain only with jallis, heal and cleanse only with ventari.

you only switch legend when you need too not when you lose all nrg. this is bad play or pve play.

@Justine.6351 said:

@messiah.1908 said:

I have to disagree here. I highly doubt Dev will ever try to create two extremely similar mechanisms for two different classes.

My understanding is ele switching elements to combo, and rev channeling different legends to switch roles, like assassin, healer or tank.

switching your role in combat is the core concept of rev and I believe Devs have stated that at the very beginning. But sorry I can’t find the original resource of that at the moment.

I did a post on another thread that touches a little bit the question, I'll just c/c:

@Alchimist.4738 said:Herald literally saved the Revenant after the release of Heart of Thorns, it’s no mystery if every meta build out there uses Glint, at least in sPvP/WvW, and in hardcore PvE Revenant had no places until Path of Fire, with the exception of hand kitting for Deimos, and now it has a better dps role with the awkward Renegade, and if Glint is so prevalent it’s because the specialization doesn’t have a huge energy constraint, the skills use upkeep and not energy.

Nevertheless the game is destined to have more specializations coming, so the Revenant cannot afford to lean on Herald to fix its own issues anymore, and we can see with Renegade that not only the specialization deepen the issues of core Revenant, but also comes with its own issues.

I said it, and I’ll say it again, the energy on Revenant is not the issue, the issue is the lack of proper energy renewal, or generation, call it whatever you want, because unlike other resource management in the game, such as life force or initiative, the Revenant has no mean to renew its energy except waiting while auto-attacking for the passive regeneration, and I think we can all admit it’s not a very compelling gameplay. There is of course legend swapping to refill your energy, but legend swap doesn’t give you energy, it resets your energy to 50%, which means if you have energy left before the legend swap, you’ll lose it, so you want to drain as much energy as possible during the legend swap cooldown period, but if you drain to much you’ll end up having to auto-attack like a bot, and it also means you don’t want to use energy heavy skills. Therefore in PvE the best rotation for Shiro, Mallyx, and Jalis, is to use the upkeep skill and then go on with your weapon rotation until the energy wears out, which is quite boring, and in sPvP/WvW you just don’t have the same level of flexibility as other professions.

I’m convinced that the Revenant should always start combat with 100% energy, because starting at 50% energy, and always resetting at 50%, means you’ll almost never be above 50%, with the exception of WvW zerg fights where you can be in combat for a long time while using only few skills, and because you are most of the time below 50% traits like Equilibrium and Shrouding Mists work partially. Then legend swapping needs to generate energy, instead of resetting at 50%, and I think legend swapping should give 35% energy back, and weapon swapping give 15% energy back, it’d promote greater use of secondary weapons. Of course some skills such as Banish Enchantment would need to have a cooldown on them (around 4 seconds) in order to avoid strong opening attacks or just spamming, and some traits and skills would also need to be looked at. At last some skills should grant energy back under some conditions, such as Pain Absorption renewing 2% energy per condition transferred to you, or Duelist's Preparation renewing 5% energy if it successfully blocks an attack …

i gave few suggestion also in each trait line that restore nrg by the trait line concept and you can put them on minor trait .retribution - restore +2 nrg while you have stabilitycorruption - restore +2 nrg when you have resistancesalvation - restore +2 nrg when you have regendevastation - you gain 1 nrg when you siphon lifeinvocation - restore +2 nrg while you have fury

but its more easy to start from 100%. and if they see its too strong suddenly they can nerf it easily to 75%

also the concept is dead wrong. i swap legend and the dont have enough nrg????? they are ready for battle while waiting for me to call them . and when i do they dont have nrg? or they consume my other legend nrg???

Archived