Could Joko see the future? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Could Joko see the future?

Orimidu.9604Orimidu.9604 Member ✭✭✭

When he was eaten by Aurene, he laughed (iirc, pretty sure he did). It didn't sound like an insanity laugh, it sounded more like he knew what he was doing. Then, Aurene was revived by Joko's lich powers. Am I giving Joko too much credit, or did he foresee Aurene's death? Hoping this question gets answered in the story somehow--Joko's death wasn't quite the "closure" I expected.

Comments

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

He didn't laugh when he was eaten - he cried out in surprise and fear and then anything else was the unbinding of magic and the munching of dead tissue.

Joko wasn't really prophetic, but was highly intelligent and lived long enough to see and experience a great deal. His understanding of the World and ability to make logical deductions with his intelligence would be formidable imo.

There is a theory that he expected to die though, albeit perhaps not in that way. I forget the reasoning behind it, but there is some post episode dialogue in the map in one of his speaking statues/busts that hinted at something that sparked the theory I think

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• The extent of Joko's magic is unknown so perhaps if Aurene poops him out he can regenerate Deadpool style. Unfortunately, there is no record or any indication about dragons relieving themselves.

Thief F1 must remain an instacast Steal skill. DE will simply apply DE Mark on target on Steal.
    Malice build-up independently from DE Mark. Mark only speed up the build-up, not be the pre-requisite.
    http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning...there was Tarnished Coast...

• ugrakarma.9416ugrakarma.9416 Member ✭✭✭✭

theres no indication of such powers to him... but dues his old age and wisdom hes talk a lot in tone of "is just more of the same to me".

"It's a testament to the folly of the humans and their gods. They say Arah was sacred, but all I see is one big dragon nest."(Rytlock Brimstone)

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.