Is weaver viable in pvp?

Ceph.5129

Viable, yes. The fresh air burst thingy is workable but takes a decent chunk of skill (unlike most meta builds, and you WILL notice the difference).

Sword weaver is also still okay, IIRC - it has a new condi thing that's...seeing some use? I think? It's not quite as good as the other side noders, tho is probs a bit more even than before after some nerfs to the others (like boonbeast).

I've also seen some odd core staff and tempest staff builds floating around

While not being meta, Weaver is definitely viable. There are three major builds out there:

1. FA weaver, usually using scepter/focus. If you want big, focused burst, you will like this. It lacks AoE and defenses once pressured, but you will have fun with the quickly repeated bursts and catching people unaware. This is currently the worst "viable" Weaver build.https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Weaver_-_Freshweaver

2. Water bunker, usually sword/sagger, mender and sage amulet are possible. It has great condi clear, huge healing and is quick enough to catch up with most builds going for sides. It lacks damage though and some enemy builds simply cannot be pushed off point. Also, your teamfight capabilities are kind of low. You can cleanse a little, heal a little (no real burst healing though), but hardly share significant buffs.https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Weaver_-_Mender%27s_Sword

3. Fire Weaver, kind of similarish to the second choice, bur abusing the fire traitline instead of water for more damage instead of sustained healing. For cleanses, it needs to run focs offhand (via the fire auras), and usually no teleport, so it is significantly less mobile. While you basically hardcounter some builds (warriors, holosmith, non-condi thieves etc.), it leaves you vulnerable to others (condi mirage and thief). You cannot escape, but you have more team fight presence by projectile hate and simply more damage.https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Weaver_-_Fire_Weaver

Weaver currently can fill out the specific roles quite well - mainly with the latter two builds - but it lacks in the things it is not specifically built for. It is great when simply side-noding (or being able to completely fill the +1 role when talking abotu FA Weaver), but you can not adapt as well as with holosmith for example.

Do you already know, what kind of playstyle you'd like? There are more builds, of course, D/D for funs, Tempest for team play, but those are less frequently seen - and, generally speaking, not as impactful. They still work though, and as long as you have fun with them, you should give those a chance too. :)

€: Definitely stay with Weaver, if you like the playstyle!

@Curennos.9307 said:Viable, yes. The fresh air burst thingy is workable but takes a decent chunk of skill (unlike most meta builds, and you WILL notice the difference).

Sword weaver is also still okay, IIRC - it has a new condi thing that's...seeing some use? I think? It's not quite as good as the other side noders, tho is probs a bit more even than before after some nerfs to the others (like boonbeast).

Thanks for the input :) So far, I’ve tried that condi thingy and mender sword (builds specifically pulled from meta battle). Both builds are really fun, and I have to say I kinda like mender sword more (cuz dem dodges man lol). Well, I guess I have to play them extensively to notice what it can and cannot do. Thanks again :)

@Ceph.5129 said:

@Curennos.9307 said:Viable, yes. The fresh air burst thingy is workable but takes a decent chunk of skill (unlike most meta builds, and you WILL notice the difference).

Thanks for the input :) So far, I’ve tried that condi thingy and mender sword (builds specifically pulled from meta battle). Both builds are really fun, and I have to say I kinda like mender sword more (cuz dem dodges man lol). Well, I guess I have to play them extensively to notice what it can and cannot do. Thanks again :)

You'll like Fire Weaver even more, since you get vigor on dual attacks = more dodging! Fire Weaver is the best Weaver side noder build atm, has clutch condi cleanse and can do nasty damage.

@"Megametzler.5729" said:While not being meta, Weaver is definitely viable. There are three major builds out there:

1. FA weaver, usually using scepter/focus. If you want big, focused burst, you will like this. It lacks AoE and defenses once pressured, but you will have fun with the quickly repeated bursts and catching people unaware. This is currently the worst "viable" Weaver build.https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Weaver_-_Freshweaver

2. Water bunker, usually sword/sagger, mender and sage amulet are possible. It has great condi clear, huge healing and is quick enough to catch up with most builds going for sides. It lacks damage though and some enemy builds simply cannot be pushed off point. Also, your teamfight capabilities are kind of low. You can cleanse a little, heal a little (no real burst healing though), but hardly share significant buffs.https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Weaver_-_Mender%27s_Sword

3. Fire Weaver, kind of similarish to the second choice, bur abusing the fire traitline instead of water for more damage instead of sustained healing. For cleanses, it needs to run focs offhand (via the fire auras), and usually no teleport, so it is significantly less mobile. While you basically hardcounter some builds (warriors, holosmith, non-condi thieves etc.), it leaves you vulnerable to others (condi mirage and thief). You cannot escape, but you have more team fight presence by projectile hate and simply more damage.https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Weaver_-_Fire_Weaver

Weaver currently can fill out the specific roles quite well - mainly with the latter two builds - but it lacks in the things it is not specifically built for. It is great when simply side-noding (or being able to completely fill the +1 role when talking abotu FA Weaver), but you can not adapt as well as with holosmith for example.

Do you already know, what kind of playstyle you'd like? There are more builds, of course, D/D for funs, Tempest for team play, but those are less frequently seen - and, generally speaking, not as impactful. They still work though, and as long as you have fun with them, you should give those a chance too. :)

€: Definitely stay with Weaver, if you like the playstyle!

Wow, thanks for the build breakdowns! Personally, I'm not a fan of FA weaver cuz it feels like a go big or go home type of playstyle (haven't tried it yet but from what I saw it do feel like that), but oh boy do I LOVE the other two. I've tried the bunker and Fire Weaver and find bunker build more comfortable to use at least for me, but I do feel Fire weaver has more to offer for the team. Right now, I ain't plannin to abandon my weaver anytime soon :) Thanks again.

ps: I can't figure out how to beat those meaty warriors man lmao.

@"LolLookAtMyAP.8394" said:

You'll like Fire Weaver even more, since you get vigor on dual attacks = more dodging! Fire Weaver is the best Weaver side noder build atm, has clutch condi cleanse and can do nasty damage.

Oh hell yeah, I do feel the damage difference from mender sword build, but I just suck against warriors/spellbreakers man XD.