Portable Composter: Consumable? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Portable Composter: Consumable?

The portable composter made while doing the gourmet collection says it is a consumable. Does that mean you have to burn 4 spiritwood planks and one elonian leather for EACH item you salvage?

I'm afraid to use it to find out.

Best Answer

• Haleydawn.3764Haleydawn.3764 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 31, 2019 Accepted Answer

It’s free to use. It says it salvages crafted food consumables. Not that it itself is consumable.

Better get a wriggle on.

Answers

• Daddicus.6128Daddicus.6128 Member ✭✭✭✭

Actually, it does say it is consumable. It also says that it salvages consumable food. But, the word consumable is right underneath ascended.

I'm hoping it's just bad wording.

So, you've used it twice or more? If so, you get credit for the answer.

Thanks!

You're right. Someone on the wiki told me it was infinite-use, so I tried it, and it isn't consumed.

I'm currently working with the others on the wiki to decide whether a note to this effect should be added.

• Haleydawn.3764Haleydawn.3764 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Daddicus.6128 said:
    I'm hoping it's just bad wording.

100% bad wording, and may be removed in another patch for clarity.

Better get a wriggle on.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 31, 2019

@Daddicus.6128 said:
    Actually, it does say it is consumable.

All salvage kits, even the permanent ones, say the same. Apparently, by ANet's definition, everything that can be double-clicked and used is some way is a "consumable". ;) They are not very consistent with the use of the term, though - there are other actual consumables that do not wear this label.

• The wording is poor. Your portable composter will never break and it will consume any and all food you use it on. At first I was worried about that, because of the phrasing, but when I see that it (the composter) didn't disappear I realised it was just an error in the description.

Helpdesking rodent hailing from Skrittsylvania.
    Roaming skritt needs caffeine badly.
    Oldschool electronic music enthusiast who also likes Autechre.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

@altermaven.7385 said:
    The wording is poor. Your portable composter will never break and it will consume any and all food you use it on.

Such items should be called "consumer" instead, but that might confuse some customers. ;)

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@altermaven.7385 said:
    The wording is poor. Your portable composter will never break and it will consume any and all food you use it on.

Such items should be called "consumer" instead, but that might confuse some customers. ;)

I like that idea! Or, maybe even "eater" or "salvager".

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.