Attempting to pin-point lag source ; currently impossible. — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Attempting to pin-point lag source ; currently impossible.

I have been randomly getting sudden ping spikes (from usually 40 and below to over 1000 and even 2000) and I have been unable to identify the source.

The software I use (Pingplotter) tells me that I have 100% packet loss on all servers I go on… which is impossible since I actually get a response on my game.
However, when it comes to pingplotter, the server itself seems not to be responding to it… I do not know how to fix this problem and although getting an ethernet cable fixed it for maybe 3 months, it suddenly came back…

I am starting to wonder if it could be someone within my area just messing with my wifi :/

Anyone can help?

Comments

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

@killfil.3472 said:
    I have been randomly getting sudden ping spikes (from usually 40 and below to over 1000 and even 2000) and I have been unable to identify the source.

The software I use (Pingplotter) tells me that I have 100% packet loss on all servers I go on… which is impossible since I actually get a response on my game.
    However, when it comes to pingplotter, the server itself seems not to be responding to it… I do not know how to fix this problem and although getting an ethernet cable fixed it for maybe 3 months, it suddenly came back…

I am starting to wonder if it could be someone within my area just messing with my wifi :/

Anyone can help?

Well have you tried connecting it with a cable to see if that fixes it?

• Vegeta.2563Vegeta.2563 Member ✭✭✭

@killfil.3472 said:

Anyone can help?

You are getting the 100% loss because amazon servers disable the ability to ping the server itself. So naturally you will always see 100% loss / no response.

• killfil.3472killfil.3472 Member ✭✭✭

@Linken.6345 said:

@killfil.3472 said:

Anyone can help?

Well have you tried connecting it with a cable to see if that fixes it?

I assume you mean an ethernet cable? I have. Only worked for roughly 3 months...

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

Cut power to your router for a minute to let it reset itself?

• i recently switched to EU. my ping was averaging 170 stable for days. suddenly, today, my ping is so bad it's displayed as 0. ping is ~50,000 ms. terrible.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.