VR support? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home API Development

VR support?

anyone know of any VR support that is being developed? :] I would love to play this with my oculus rift

Comments

• This is unrelated to the API (ergo, wrong subforum), but to answer your question: no, and it's very unlikely to ever happen for plenty of reasons. Even if ANet could/would hack VR support into the (now kinda old) engine and magically make it work you'd struggle to maintain a framerate that won't turn your stomach inside out.

• YtseJam.9784YtseJam.9784 Member ✭✭✭

Yeah would be cool, I recently got an Oculus Rift S myself and would like to explore Tyria in VR. :) A long long time ago when the first Oculus was being developed I posted a suggestion for this, never got a reply from the devs :(. I know Wooden Potatoes posted a vid a while back that he was running it, but I tried to find out the tools he used and they have been discontinued or something

• Leo.3428Leo.3428 Member ✭✭✭

If this is any consolation, you can at least take stereoscopic screenshots (look at the keyboard shortcut options).

• you can only use Desktop VR to make like a 100" virtual desktop view of GW2,lol.

\ - Combat Healer -/
    \ _ Casual Player _/
    \ Fake Mentor /