Gem Cards and Australia

It's not just you OP. Its everywhere. The cards haven't been sold in Canada for years now and our money is about the same as yours. Would it be nice for them to set a fix amount in all currencies of course. But it's just not practical because of the exchange rate constantly changing. Like back in the mid 2000,s our dollar was on par with theirs so magazines and books got sold to us at the USD instead of the listed higher Canadian price since are dollar was 1:1 ratio, now ours is back up so we are back to paying that higher price, since it's part of economics. Its the same with those gem cards

@"Cynder.2509" said:Alright, just being curious in case I missed something: Did ArenaNet actually made an official statement on Gem Cards and their disappearance already? As far as I heard it must be an issue with a blacklisted distributor but that's more of a rumor to be honest.

There hasn't been any announcement but I know Ebgames in Australia has stopped selling a huge number of gem cards, not just Guild Wars 2. When I was there last they had far more variety, but apparently they've trimmed down. I talked to the store manager there and he said there was some sort of scam going around regarding gem cards and they were limiting purchase to $100 each, but I don't know if that was the reason or not.

Edit: Relevant link: https://www.scamwatch.gov.au/news/payment-demanded-by-gift-card-its-a-scam

I too was looking for gem cards in EB games and was told with an ambiguous answer: "we don't even know weather it'll be back in stock or not, come back in a few weeks to check". I did, for a few times, but never available.

I used to receive gem cards from friends and family, or buy some myself, for my birthday and Christmas. It's sad that now I can't do that anymore :'(

• 3 weeks later...