My theory build: The Avatar

Cheshire Rabbid.7430

This build I made is for me as sought of a guide for me on what I want to make my profession to be but first I want to get other guy's thoughts on it. I will be using this for PVE stuff in DPS. As the title siad, I inspired this build after the shaman from wow mostly the Enhancement shaman, using the elements to enhances there weapons and fight head-on. What I would say I need out of this discussion is suggestions for armor and rune. I have three types of armor and weapons in this but I don't really know witchy is best. Also I'm looking for suggestions for the second spec as I was thinking I can be able to switch between the element specs but I might be wrong. But if I'm not please tell me if there is a reason to changes to that spec fo any reason or what trits to go within that one. While I would do DPS I would like to be offices with all of the four elements, Like using water to heal myself. I'm also open to skills options. So, please take a look at my build and tell me your thoughts and suggestions for me

Okay, I don't really understand some of your choices.By going viper/grieving, you have a strong focus on condi, but air is mostly power/critical. I would rather choose fire. Inscription trait is only good for reduced cd, Raging storm is a lot better.Arcane Precision is a bad trait IMO, and especially with low critical hit. Your sigil will help, but it is still 30% chance to proc over 3 seconds.You chose elemental surge with only one arcane skill. I would have chosen evasive arcana or final shielding (better synergy, and I love arcane shield).

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:Okay, I don't really understand some of your choices.By going viper/grieving, you have a strong focus on condi, but air is mostly power/critical. I would rather choose fire. Inscription trait is only good for reduced cd, Raging storm is a lot better.Arcane Precision is a bad trait IMO, and especially with low critical hit. Your sigil will help, but it is still 30% chance to proc over 3 seconds.You chose elemental surge with only one arcane skill. I would have chosen evasive arcana or final shielding (better synergy, and I love arcane shield).

Agree with this. Fire would be a lot more suitable than air for grieving/viper mix (fire 1-1-1 (2) )

I'd also like to mention that arcane power is completely useless in solo scenarios, arcane blast/wave, glyph of elemental power and fire signet are much better choices (or a defensive skill like arcane shield, lightning flash or twist of fate). I also think that sigils of smoldering, bursting, strength or battle would have much higher value than intel/air. Rune of ele also looks like a more suitable choice.

Thanks for all of your guy's info and I have made some changes to it my build. Now I would still like to try to be able to use all of the element specs, you know switch between them for a big fight, like earth if I need to be defenses or water if I need to keep up hight healing on myself and remove DOT on me. Feel free to tell me if this is not a good idead or what specified reason would I need to switch to either earth, water or air spces.FireAirEarthWater

If you're planning on soloing champion mobs or just generally being invincible whilst dealing out a lot of damage I'd recommend the build I use for roaming in WvW, though you might want to change the sigils to something more damage oriented like Force + Impact.http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAwilZwmYSsImJOSXfvfA-z1IY1opvMiNB6tAU7CEQvlqMjA-w(((

)))

If you know the ins & outs of sword/dagger weaver AND don't plan on soloing any difficult champion mobs you can just run the Max DPS PvE raid build available on the Snowcrow's website here: https://snowcrows.com/raids/builds/elementalist/weaver/sword/