Condi mirage help (pve) — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Condi mirage help (pve)

I’m terrible at condi mirage and even after reading through tons of snowcrows stuff and watching videos I have no idea where I’m going wrong. My dps on golem in full ascended gear with food/util and all appropriate boons is consistently around 20-21k.

I’m wondering if anyone can think of anything that might be causing me to be so dramatically below the benchmark that might not be obvious.

I also have a specific question re: shatters. Do you only shatter twice when using phantasmal duelist/mage or do you shatter twice whenever you shatter? I don’t really understand the double shatter mechanic bc ineptitude doesn’t say anything about shattering twice.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

  • I've got some bad news. You're probably not going to get any help with this. I'm in the same boat, wherein all of my attempts after several hours of trying barely yielded 21k DPS against the golem. Every once in awhile another thread will come up asking about this, and there is still no solution.

    "Self awareness is knowing when you're sitting at the throne of ignorance." --Leo G.

  • Leonidrex.5649Leonidrex.5649 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 16, 2019

    @Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:
    I've got some bad news. You're probably not going to get any help with this. I'm in the same boat, wherein all of my attempts after several hours of trying barely yielded 21k DPS against the golem. Every once in awhile another thread will come up asking about this, and there is still no solution.

    The real answear is that cmirage is one if not the hardest build in the game to pull off. Plain and simple, you want it easy play reaper or some other mash button off cd class.
    And honestky 20-21k dps isnt bad, when I get lazy in raids I can get about 15-17k DPS without even shattering, you dont need perfect rotation.
    http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/ -> this is what I run when Im lazy, only shatters you use is F3 to daze and F4 to dodge/skip mechanics/rez downned.
    You ambus OFF cd with 3clones. REALLY easy rotation, REALLY easy 15k+ dps, more then that is currently not needed to finish any raid.

  • phokus.8934phokus.8934 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Majy.6792 said:
    I’m terrible at condi mirage and even after reading through tons of snowcrows stuff and watching videos I have no idea where I’m going wrong. My dps on golem in full ascended gear with food/util and all appropriate boons is consistently around 20-21k.

    I’m wondering if anyone can think of anything that might be causing me to be so dramatically below the benchmark that might not be obvious.

    I also have a specific question re: shatters. Do you only shatter twice when using phantasmal duelist/mage or do you shatter twice whenever you shatter? I don’t really understand the double shatter mechanic bc ineptitude doesn’t say anything about shattering twice.

    Thanks for any help.

    It’s hard to say without seeing your gameplay but seeing as how you’re only 6k under their benchmark it could be your shattering sequence?

    Also keep in mind that their benchmark is really played perfectly. If you’re close to 27k, which you are, then playing around when you shatter might be what’s holding you back a few thousand points in DPS.

  • This video might be helpful:

  • @Leonidrex.5649 said:

    @Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:
    I've got some bad news. You're probably not going to get any help with this. I'm in the same boat, wherein all of my attempts after several hours of trying barely yielded 21k DPS against the golem. Every once in awhile another thread will come up asking about this, and there is still no solution.

    The real answear is that cmirage is one if not the hardest build in the game to pull off. Plain and simple, you want it easy play reaper or some other mash button off cd class.
    And honestky 20-21k dps isnt bad, when I get lazy in raids I can get about 15-17k DPS without even shattering, you dont need perfect rotation.
    http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/ -> this is what I run when Im lazy, only shatters you use is F3 to daze and F4 to dodge/skip mechanics/rez downned.
    You ambus OFF cd with 3clones. REALLY easy rotation, REALLY easy 15k+ dps, more then that is currently not needed to finish any raid.

    Your link doesn't go anywhere. The real problem is that a quarter of our DPS seems to simply not exist, no matter what order we shatter or now hard we try to time our skills. I've spent countless hours trying the rotation again and again, and I can't pull the damage. All of the strength and energy I can muster has failed to yield any results. This isn't just about appealing to stingy raid commanders. Enemies aren't dying nearly as fast as they should, and all attempts at killing them has proven less effective than auto attacks.

    We don't want to know how to be bad. We want to know how to be good.

    @phokus.8934 said:

    It’s hard to say without seeing your gameplay but seeing as how you’re only 6k under their benchmark it could be your shattering sequence?

    Also keep in mind that their benchmark is really played perfectly. If you’re close to 27k, which you are, then playing around when you shatter might be what’s holding you back a few thousand points in DPS.

    It's actually very far away. The meta build can sustain 20k dps just by creating 3 clones and auto attacking. This means that if we sit at 21k, our efforts are tantamount to not trying at all. Keep in mind this is off by 7k damage per second. This means that every single second, we're doing 7k less damage than we should. Changing the order of shatters isn't going to produce the equivalent of 7k damage each second for every second the shatter is on cooldown.

    "Self awareness is knowing when you're sitting at the throne of ignorance." --Leo G.

  • Leonidrex.5649Leonidrex.5649 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 17, 2019

    @Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

    @Leonidrex.5649 said:

    @Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:
    I've got some bad news. You're probably not going to get any help with this. I'm in the same boat, wherein all of my attempts after several hours of trying barely yielded 21k DPS against the golem. Every once in awhile another thread will come up asking about this, and there is still no solution.

    The real answear is that cmirage is one if not the hardest build in the game to pull off. Plain and simple, you want it easy play reaper or some other mash button off cd class.
    And honestky 20-21k dps isnt bad, when I get lazy in raids I can get about 15-17k DPS without even shattering, you dont need perfect rotation.
    http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/ -> this is what I run when Im lazy, only shatters you use is F3 to daze and F4 to dodge/skip mechanics/rez downned.
    You ambus OFF cd with 3clones. REALLY easy rotation, REALLY easy 15k+ dps, more then that is currently not needed to finish any raid.

    Your link doesn't go anywhere. The real problem is that a quarter of our DPS seems to simply not exist, no matter what order we shatter or now hard we try to time our skills. I've spent countless hours trying the rotation again and again, and I can't pull the damage. All of the strength and energy I can muster has failed to yield any results. This isn't just about appealing to stingy raid commanders. Enemies aren't dying nearly as fast as they should, and all attempts at killing them has proven less effective than auto attacks.

    We don't want to know how to be bad. We want to know how to be good.

    @phokus.8934 said:

    It’s hard to say without seeing your gameplay but seeing as how you’re only 6k under their benchmark it could be your shattering sequence?

    Also keep in mind that their benchmark is really played perfectly. If you’re close to 27k, which you are, then playing around when you shatter might be what’s holding you back a few thousand points in DPS.

    It's actually very far away. The meta build can sustain 20k dps just by creating 3 clones and auto attacking. This means that if we sit at 21k, our efforts are tantamount to not trying at all. Keep in mind this is off by 7k damage per second. This means that every single second, we're doing 7k less damage than we should. Changing the order of shatters isn't going to produce the equivalent of 7k damage each second for every second the shatter is on cooldown.

    MY on that one, tried some rotations.
    Keep in mind its 1:30 for me and TBH I suck at this, never practiced.
    here are MY resoults
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiABcqd/lVwiYIsEmJWOXfvOA-e
    meta build 21,8k DPS
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiABcqd/lVwiYIsEmJW2XfvPA-e
    my weird build 21,9k DPS
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiABcqd/lVwiYIsEmJW2XfvOA-e
    my weird build v2 23,8k DPS untill I DC and give up ( feelsbadman was near the end )
    The last one rotation is preety much spam with 3 clones -> axe2-> ( shatter during cast ) -> jaunt/crystal sands -> dodge. to get insta clones.
    I think the reason I had more dps on the last one was becouse I focused on swapping/using torch/pistol skills more to minmax this way.
    Shatter dmg is preety kitten.
    its my personal thingy take it with a grain of salt.

    PS last one loses confusion, so it has more golem dmg but propably would do kitten on actual boss? dunno
    EDIT
    I realized I dont have infusions and best food. Im missing
    90 Condi Damage
    30 Expertise
    I suspect its about 4% dmg increase so not a big deal.