BROKEN

verskore.4312

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

gs3 is a lot easier to avoid so that’s not really a good comparison. My only issue with it is the low cooldown on smokescreen. For as strong as it is 20 sec is way too short.

it is 25 seconds.

i think the cd is fine, as it only blocks projectiles, so many attacks can hit you from outside the ring.

you can gs3 through it and hit the thief for about 7k

it does not clear condi, does not break stun.

what is SO strong about it that it needs a longer cooldown?

20 seconds traited. It blocks projectiles, blinds, and is a long lasting smoke field for stealth stacking. You can cover downs for stomps, eliminate ranged pressure
(not entirely true)
, drop it in a team fight for lots of blinds, stealth team, eliminate most melee pressure. Let me flip the question around, if it’s not that strong then why are people taking it?

no one is traiting for that, they are taking the condi clear on stealth, that is why no sig of agility.

evading attacks are not affected by it, mesmer gs attacks, necro axe and focus attacks, staff attacks (Necro, druid lol), bull charge, gs 3 war, sword 3 rev, rev axe 5, reve mace 2,3, all unblockable attacks, and aoe cast from outside, barrage is not affected (ranger skill).

the blind is on 1 sec pulse so you can still be burnt up by a weaver.

it is strong in some applications, but it also has weaknesses. (also it drops at feet and not ground target)

it does not clear condis, it does not stun break.

it is a combo field but that also requires resource from the thief to utilize (so you have to use resources and be aware of ranger (sic em), cause then it's useless for gaining anything other than projectile hate

why does it have to be a weak or long cooldown when there is plenty of counterplay?

basically it is 12 initiative (7 secs of blind, smoke field) and projectile blocking in a utility skill

What should the cooldown be?

I'd say 30 sec, 25 traited or put the blind pulse on every 2 seconds. Like, I'm not crusading on this I'm just saying it's about the only thing I could see wrong with d/p thief. I don't want smoke field nerfed to the ground because it makes a lot of interesting builds more viable but I am saying it might be a little over tuned (like every other skill in the game since HoT)