Congratulations to all the core rangers there.

anduriell.6280

@ZhouX.8742 said:

@FrownyClown.8402 said:Personally I'm just using zerker amulet with soulbeast. Nothing really kills me 1v1 except a weaken spam thief or a shatter mesmer who got the jump on me.

meta LR d/f ele weakness spams too, you pretty mcuh won't be able to up against most meta matchups with zerker ammy - too low pool with the condi spam and with weakness from ele which i would consider to be a top tier class with the only competition being firebrand it won't get far.. good players that is and i highly doubt you're playing against people like Naru / Helio with zerker or against eles like Phantaram/Grimjack

Fortunately I haven't run into many eles running focus or LE. I'm only in gold and its unranked atm. I can see your point though.

On a side note, what's this LR ele build ppl are running?

@Revolution.5409 said:

@FrownyClown.8402 said:Personally I'm just using zerker amulet with soulbeast. Nothing really kills me 1v1 except a weaken spam thief or a shatter mesmer who got the jump on me.

Maybe you're just fighting dummy training or maybe you're just too strong for gw2 players

Wasn't trying to sound pretentious or anything. I was just stating you can run zerker and do reasonably well. Didn't realize I was in the thief forums geez

@FrownyClown.8402 said:

Maybe you're just fighting dummy training or maybe you're just too strong for gw2 players

Wasn't trying to sound pretentious or anything. I was just stating you can run zerker and do reasonably well. Didn't realize I was in the thief forums geez

Of course I was joking :)In any case it will be necessary to see if with the beginning of the season 5vs5 Ranger will be viable in competition with Berserker amulet, in Unranked you will rarely find good players.

After hating the patch for my Core WvW LB/GS Ranger, I've made my build more aggressive and I'm back to effective solo pew pew power.

Pre-patch

• Zerk
  • Durability
  • WS / BM / NM

Post-patch

• Zerk
  • Fireworks (better than Rune of Speed in WvW)
  • WS / BM / MM

All WS utilities except for [Protect Me]. Condi is strong now, each WS util cleanses two.

Definitely a little more heavy on LB for damage now. I use ascended food, so the 10% dmg reduction is necessary. Fights are harder but that's kind of nice.