Congratulations to all the core rangers there.

anduriell.6280

I never though the game was going to go backwards so much the new spec that it would feel better to play with core.Well they have done it.

Playing with soulbeast doesn't do any noticeable damage increase, it loses a lot of survivability and now also mobility. The buffs it gets are so situational or restrictive it actually hinders the build. Not to mention all the annoying bugs soulbeast has.

Amazingly done again, congratulations.

Soulbeast was definitely better than core for sPvP before this patch. At least for me.

Core is definitely...more reward for your effort now... and I dont think how much of an extra effort soulbeast will require to get the higher reward will be worth it. Jury is still out though.

Edit: I think soulbeast is still better.

I tried hybrid sw/dagger+sbow, with WS/Skirm/Slb, wizard amy with different runes such as berserker or even mad king. TU for heal, zephyr, vulture stance,LR with swapping elite depending on the situation. Haven't even tried power in any way yet cause of limited time. But honestly, im having so much fun that I don't mind the nerfs. Actually havent lost any 2v2 so far with this. OWP with vulture and mad king runes is soo fun to play with. Before the patch I had p2 with core ranger with tiger exclusively as I kinda expected it to be the next thing.

Gotta tone down those elite specs to make room for the next xpac spec.Remember when Druids were god-tier roamers (solo, small group) and not bad in zergs? That got toned down around the time PoF came out to make room for Soulbeast.The circle of life continues. X3I'll have to try core again. I was traumatized by how mediocre core ranger performed before HoT's release that I'm kind of scared to go back, but I do know they've gotten a lot better.

~ Kovu

@treizebee.2091 said:Slow your roll. Core is great, and is more rewarding now, but it is sitting on a performance bubble because of the bugged rugged growth.An effectively permanent 600 hp/s with regen on average is going to overinflate core performance right now

Heard about the bug...you need around 500 healing for that 600 hps....nothing to worry on ranger even after that get fixed

@Kovu.7560 said:Gotta tone down those elite specs to make room for the next xpac spec.Remember when Druids were god-tier roamers (solo, small group) and not bad in zergs? That got toned down around the time PoF came out to make room for Soulbeast.The circle of life continues. X3I'll have to try core again. I was traumatized by how mediocre core ranger performed before HoT's release that I'm kind of scared to go back, but I do know they've gotten a lot better.

~ Kovu

What will never change is the uselessness of the pet against professions with strong damage AOE, birds and cats are impossible to keep alive in 2vs2, in 5vs5 it is fun to use for duels on lateral nodes.

@FrownyClown.8402 said:Personally I'm just using zerker amulet with soulbeast. Nothing really kills me 1v1 except a weaken spam thief or a shatter mesmer who got the jump on me.

meta LR d/f ele weakness spams too, you pretty mcuh won't be able to up against most meta matchups with zerker ammy - too low pool with the condi spam and with weakness from ele which i would consider to be a top tier class with the only competition being firebrand it won't get far.. good players that is and i highly doubt you're playing against people like Naru / Helio with zerker or against eles like Phantaram/Grimjack