Soulbeast PVP VS PVE

Xyronerva.5123

Is it possible that Soulbeast could be worked to be able to change pets in PVE content. Many times in parties with players who are either undergered, not geared for content or certian job combos i need my gazell to break defiance. and not many times in these parties i need the support cures to help carry us to victory, not saying that i am a very great player but when i know we could have won i think we should have been able to. I understand that everyone starts somewhere and am not saying anything about any player or their play style. It is simply that a pvp based complaint is costing potential wins and sacrificed time in unpvp related content. Thank you for the consideration. Examples are Nightmare fractal, Chaos,

@Xyronerva.5123 said:Is it possible that Soulbeast could be worked to be able to change pets in PVE content. Many times in parties with players who are either undergered, not geared for content or certian job combos i need my gazell to break defiance.

This can be counteracted by using pets that give you a cc ability while merged.

If you’re running power, the merged gazelle F2 is the exact same as the gazelle pet ability.

If you’re condi, you can use Warthog which has an F2 knockback when merged.

Overall though, I don’t think Anet can change functionality between game modes so all ability changes and balances tweak specific numbers instead of functions. I believe that idea also extends to full profession mechanics.

This is Anets way of making the game unfun. Next elite specialization in the upcoming exapansion, they are going to remove weapon swap completely because of a "tradeoff". Just quit playing the soulbeast and move to another class. That is what I did after playing my ranger as my main for 2 years.

@"Shyfty.9502" said:I don't think the 1 pet change was made specifically for pvp. It's supposed to be the trade off for the elite spec so its not just objectively better than Core ranger in every way.

No, it was. Having Gazelle/Smokescale for offensive usage but being able to swap to Owl for sustain/escape has been a common complaint in WvW at least, not sure about PvP. ANET decided to hit two smokescales with one mortar - they nerfed Soulbeast while also checking off the "tradeoff" box that was still open next to the spec.

For what it is worth, few of the 'tradeoffs' are well regarded by players, or seen as making the class better.

@Xyronerva.5123 this is one of those things that can't be split between modes, same as the changes they made to Scourge shades a while back. If you see the group is struggling, it's probably because of a wipe or 3, at which point you have time our of combat to swap your pet for one with CC, etc, for the next attempt. No different than a Revenant having to change out which legends they channel.