Advice on condi Gear

zDeathRow.4369

So I'm finished up my zerker asc gear for my theif but not I want to gear him up for condi only for open world, I know for open world is doesn't matter a whole lot but I'd just like to know the most optimal gear before I dig into crafting it, I'd like it to be able to solo stuff and be good with group stuff, iv been recommended trail blazers and vipers, what is the best option? Or if their other Stats that's better please list

Depends on your build. I play deadeye, so I have trailblazer weapons and trinkets with a mix of vipers and rabid armor to get enough precision to gain malice reliably while also having enough duration to get whole numbers on the ticks of important skills. A mix of grieving and carrion can also be fun, and has the advantage of being very cheap to make, but I'm still working on getting that to do as much damage as I'd like.

For pure Condition Trailblazer tends to work better on builds where the base condition duration of the weapons used low. As example P/d where the #1 attack is 4 seconds bleed fits well with trailblazer as this gets the base to 6 seconds even with just 50 percent duration add. This translates to your torment on #3 getting 6 as well and so on.

If in d/d using Dblossom build you better off in Dire or shamans/apothecray type armors as your main attack already has long condition durations and you want those to tick hard. Extending durations on the 10 second bleed from the Deathblossom does little good due to cleansing. You would go shamans/apothecary in such a build if SOM the heal (multiple attacks on DB generate multiple heals per use)

Grieving is also an option for going hybrid. Much flimsier but just as example If I use p/p in this build as one of the weapon sets a steal followed by an unload can do huge damage off bleeds , confusion and raw damage. That might stacking Combines with lead attacks and Bewildering ambush which can lead to 4k ticks just on confusion. Here you not so worried about durations as you are just spiking those ticks via the might adds. Throw in the power damage and the bleeds via deadly ambition and the Unload and there lots of damage going out. (s/d works well here as other weapon set)